Good beginners detailing kit?

Detailing & Bodywork
benjamin
Getting There!

Post by benjamin »

Hi all, just got a house with a garage :) so can now wash my car myself at home!

I have a red polo 6r and haven't got the foggiest clue what to buy to get me started, can anyone recommend a kit for me to buy to get me going?
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

If your serious about cleaning your car up, I would recommend autoglym stuff. Visit there website and study what all of there products do and then you an decide what sort of finish your after
Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Re: Good beginners detailing kit?

Post by Yeahhluke »

The Autoglym lifeshine kit is a good place to start as you get alot of products in it, but personally i dont rate autoglym anymore (apart from their Super Resin Polish) i think theve just ridden on there name for too long now.

Megs, KleenFreaks and Autofinese are the way forward!
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

The autoglym wax is superb! Make sure your car is clean of all contaminants then apply a layer of wax. Then the rain sheets off and dirt doesn't stick so easy. Makes cleaning it again a doddle!
TehSniper
Bronze Member

Post by TehSniper »

have a look on cleanyourcar.co.uk they have a pretty good range of things and have top notch customer service
benjamin
Getting There!

Post by benjamin »

Cheers guys, I tried the auto glum stuff which was good. But then I went to mates and he had kleenfreaks stuff. That stuffs amazing!!!
Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Post by Yeahhluke »

Yeah Kleenfreaks is where its at!

I tried A panel pot of Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub last weekend too, and i would really reccoment that, the best wax ive used hands down!