FK COILOVERS

Place to check out UK-Polos Group Buys!
BAZ C
New

FK COILOVERS

Post by BAZ C »

hello, have cleared this with josh.
have a group buy running on a few forums for VW'S/seats and wondeered if anyone one here would be interested in this group buy.
it is for any make or model of coilover kit available from FK automotive..

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/444647/ShowPost.aspx

http://scottishvag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3998

http://www.eastsidevw.co.uk/modules.php ... pic&t=2848

prices for the polo 6N/6N2 are as follows

highsports kit £360
silverline £410
konigsports £460
silverlineX's £510

all prices are delivered to your door

can also supply for any make and model of car as well

thanks

barry
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Hello mate. Your timing could not be better!!

Put me down for a set of the FK Silverline coilovers please (£410), for a 2000 VW Polo GTi :D

Cheers
Randall
Gold Member

Post by Randall »

:oops: may i ask what the differences are between models apart from the price :oops:
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

I had a look on the FK website a couple of weeks ago. Here's what it says:

FK Highsports:
- individual height adjustment
- TÃœV Approved
- Extra lowering for race-track purposes possible
- MAXIMUM sytem for best ride and comfort
- Adjustment wrench and protection spray included in all kits
- Very good value for money
- Excellent setup, neither too harsh or too soft
- FK designed, second to none race springs

FK Konigsports:
- individual height adjustment
- TÃœV Approved
- Extra lowering for race-track purposes possible
- MAXIMUM sytem for best ride and comfort
- Adjustment wrench and protection spray included in all kits
- Very good value for money
- Excellent setup, neither too harsh or too soft
- FK designed, second to none race springs
- Rebound adjustable KONI-designed shocks

So in the purest forms, the Highsports have adjustable height settings, the Konigsports have adjustable height and damper settings.

Silverline coilovers are stainless steel (hand-polished) plated Highsports, SilverlineX are stainless Konigsports. The stainless steel components should ensure longer resistance to corrosion and also add a bit of bling behind your wheels 8)

Can't wait :D
Randall
Gold Member

Post by Randall »

nice one bud :D

I just gotta try n find me £410 now :?
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

Be careful lads, alot of Coilover "Group Buy" Scams going on, id rather pay the xtra 40quid and know someone isnt going on holiday with my money!
BAZ C
New

Post by BAZ C »

hi yeah i see what your saying but im not doing a scam
the links above are for same deals, but most of them have been posted up by members that lots of people on the site know.
i know that nobody knows me here but hopefuly you will give me the chance.
i live in a village near aberdeen where my dad has a garage/bodyshop/car slaes etc and this is my own thing iv started up along sid ethe garage.
i deal stright with fk in germany.
thanks

barry cooper
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

Yeh, thing is. This exact thing has alread happened, someone nobody knows has offered coilovers to a trusted member and then the trusted member posts a thread. Everybody reads it and thinks wow hes been on here for ages, must be trust worthy. But in actual fact its not even him we are dealing with its you.

I wouldnt feel comfortable unless i was picking them up from your house with cash in hand. No offence but you could be anyone to me and I dont trust someone with 5 posts.
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

polosilver wrote:Yeh, thing is. This exact thing has alread happened, someone nobody knows has offered coilovers to a trusted member and then the trusted member posts a thread. Everybody reads it and thinks wow hes been on here for ages, must be trust worthy. But in actual fact its not even him we are dealing with its you.

I wouldnt feel comfortable unless i was picking them up from your house with cash in hand. No offence but you could be anyone to me and I dont trust someone with 5 posts.
First off, can I say, that's your opinion and I fully respect that, and I can see where you are coming from with this avenue of thought. However if you look around the other forums where Baz is holding the GB a good number of VW owners are taking part and trust that their money is in good hands, as do I. Also, in the unlikely event that anything does go the way of the pear, there are measures in place to help you recover any money you have paid, for example the admin staff of this and other forums have Baz's details on file from when he joined up as a new user plus in my case, paying by credit card, I have fraud protection in place with my card issuer to further cover my back.

I have the utmost confidence that my money is in good hands and that the parts will arrive in due course with no problems :)

By the way can I just point out that I live several hundred miles from Aberdeen and don't actually know Barry, I'm just trying to present "the other side of the coin" so that we can have a balanced view of things!

Cheers
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

Don't get me wrong I have nothing to gain by stopping business with this guy. I am mearly saying, this thing has happened before. I cant actually beleive how similar this situation is to the other one actually.

Before hand the guy didnt post up about the coilovers another member did and then later he came on. Same as now. The forum admins had all the guys details, phone number, bank account, address etc and everything seemed fine.

The dude even sent out the first 2/3 sets of coilovers to show he was "geniune" and then suddenly there was a problem. Nobody saw refunds from it and even tho the admins had details. Once the admins tryed to trace the dude, he actually moved house. Went off with £5,000+ of forum users money.

As for Credit Card fraud, unless you have a contract or offical invoice for these parts, from a registered shop or trader. You dont have a leg to fall back on...
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

http://www.rs246.com/index.php?name=PNp ... sc&start=0

All i can say is, read this and you will see exactly how similar this situation is!
Noddy
Bronze Member

Post by Noddy »

^^ That link makes for dramatic/scary reading :shock:

The guy basically managed to con about 15 members into parting with large sums of cash, then, despite giving them his contact details, he disappeared leaving them high and dry right before christmas.

Heres a quote from it:

"OK we are over £3.5K and more to come in I am sure.

A source of mine indicated that the R32 Golf that John has probably still has a significant amount of HP outstanding, unless of course he has used our money to pay it off.

I think it likely that we are not the only one's he owes money to. My guess is he has used our money to pay off older debts.

I seriously think this could be a case of fraud and we should consider putting this in the hands of the police as a group - thoughts please on this matter? At the very least it is theft and the police should deal with it. This will probably involve the investigation of the other former directors of JNS Performance but that can't be helped. Quite frankly I can't believe anything I am told in connection with this mess so we may as well go all out to make this guys life a misery.

At the end of the day if he had the money then surely we would have it by now."

Sorry to derail the thread but its shocking to think people can actaully get away with that bullsh it.
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

Exactly, now can you see my point of view :)
BAZ C
New

Post by BAZ C »

i can totaly see where you are coming from, i know no-one knows me
ok on the other sites the guy that started it up is a trusted member who has known me for a long time.
i just thought id offer the same deal on here, yes its not going to be the same me on here with only a few posts, cant blame you for not trusting me.
but all i can say is that i am honest and i wont do a runner.
easier to say that on the other forums where most know me but not same on here, so its up to you guys yourself.
on the mk-ivs site the guy who posted it up , knows where i live, where my dads garage is, my phone number, my email, basically everything there is to know about me.
hopefully once iv delivered all the sets iv had orders for then i will get to be known more.
and anyone that is in this area could easily come and see me and collect if they want
or if there is anyone near here then come along to where i am to see where i am set up.
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

how much is it for a 9n, highsport kit?