Carbon Fibre 6n2 Wing Mirror Covers and GTI Splitter

Place to check out UK-Polos Group Buys!
Monkey-Man
Getting There!

Carbon Fibre 6n2 Wing Mirror Covers and GTI Splitter

Post by Monkey-Man »

This is over on clubpolo, but for those of you who arent on cp heres the crack!

Right ladies and gents. A good friend of mine works for a composites company moulding and making composite parts.

On the side he is making me some 6n2 carbon mirror covers and a carbon gti splitter. Thought I might aswell stick the details on here as if people are interested it makes him a little extra cash and it gives you guys access to some very hard to get hold of items at good prices.

Now for the jibba jabber!

The carbon will be 2x2 twill. 3x3 and 4x4 twill weave is also available but that is going to cost more. Also green, red and blue 2x2 twill weave carbon is also available but again will cost more.

The products will be made using epoxy resin and will be taken from a carbon mould. This will ensure that the finished item has optimal structural integrity with no weave distortion. (If any more information is wanted as to why it is important to use epoxy resin and a carbon mould then feel free to contact me )

He does have access to an autoclave but for smaller items such as these the running of such industrial equipment would cost too much. So the making of the actual part will be through resin infusion which will give a perfect surface finish to the carbon cloth. THESE ITEMS WILL NOT BE WET LAYED BY HAND SO WILL NOT INCURE AIR POCKETS IN THE EPOXY RESIN. Once the item has been demoulded and trimmed/sanded it will then have a gel coat applied to both sides of the part and then polished to a full gloss finish.

I can guarantee that these will be impecibly crafted items as I've seen his and his companies work many a time.

Now for the price bit. ATM these prices arent concrete as he's trying to negotiate materials cost. If a saving is made then it will be passed on.

6N2 Mirrors - £110 posted (obviously the post will be recorded/insured)
GTI Splitter - £135 Posted

These prices are based on a group of 8-10 (For each item). The bigger the group the cheaper the prices.

Please I dont want someone moaning about the prices. If you know anything about carbon fibre and composite parts making you'll know it isnt a cheap business! The moulds alone for the 2 items will cost afew hundred, then the materials to make the parts. Not to mention the equipment being used to make them costing a couple of thousand! And then on top of this the expertise to make a perfect carbon product!

If people are interested then add your names to the thread and drop me a PM so I can comprise a list of people and what parts they want.

If anyone is also interested, looking into making a full carbon bonnet for the 6n2 aswell, not a single layered skin bonnet, but a FULL carbon bonnet. Also if a group of people can be gathered for any other items for any model of polo...or car for that matter then I'm sure I can arrange something with him.

Any questions then drop me a pm or email me on Jordan.Fuge@googlemail.com
Monkey-Man
Getting There!

Re: Carbon Fibre 6n2 Wing Mirror Covers and GTI Splitter

Post by Monkey-Man »

Bumpage, got a good 12 people in on this over on CP. So if you aint on it and your interested then feel free to drop me a pm if you have any queries, The more people on this the cheaper we can get them!