IMPORTANT ALL MEMBERS

All members need to read the following page The new General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR)

Failure to read and accept the new privacy policy may result in your account being deleted, so please take a quick read

Cheers

The UK-Polos.NET Admin Team

How take the 12v signal [Polo 6r]

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
Post Reply
firebulletz
Getting There!
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:43 pm
Drives: Polo comfortline 1.6 tdi 90cv
Location: IT

How take the 12v signal [Polo 6r]

Post by firebulletz » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:14 am

Hello to all,
I should make some changes to my polo but I would need to know where I can take the 12v at some points.

I should mount:

- footwell lights (front and rear)
- goalkeeper lights (4 doors)
- neon strips on the door panels

For the first and second I have no idea if I can connect directly to the fuse, and I do not know if connecting them I should do some additional wiring up to the bcm (I prefer not)

For the neon signs instead I would like to be able to adjust them with the brightness regulator of the internal leds of the machine, perhaps taking the signal from the window switch of each door. I've already tried but without success, the tester gave me a signal of 1 volt and 0.4 amps, but I need the 12v (but 5 would be fine).
On photo you can see the neon strip (it was connect to usb only for test)Image

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk


Last edited by firebulletz on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roh4nms
New
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 3:09 pm
Drives: 2012 Volkswagen Polo 1.2 6R
Location: Easy-Sussex

Re: How take the 12v signal [Polo 6r]

Post by Roh4nms » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:17 pm

I’m looking to do the same! Could you post the links to the website you’ve got your ambient lighting kits from.
Cheers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firebulletz
Getting There!
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:43 pm
Drives: Polo comfortline 1.6 tdi 90cv
Location: IT

Re: How take the 12v signal [Polo 6r]

Post by firebulletz » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:32 pm

Roh4nms wrote:I’m looking to do the same! Could you post the links to the website you’ve got your ambient lighting kits from.
Cheers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the link: http://s.aliexpress.com/ABJje6J3?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

ImageImage

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk


Roh4nms
New
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 3:09 pm
Drives: 2012 Volkswagen Polo 1.2 6R
Location: Easy-Sussex

Re: How take the 12v signal [Polo 6r]

Post by Roh4nms » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:18 pm

firebulletz wrote:
Roh4nms wrote:I’m looking to do the same! Could you post the links to the website you’ve got your ambient lighting kits from.
Cheers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the link: http://s.aliexpress.com/ABJje6J3?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

ImageImage

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk


Cheers appreciate it :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roh4nms
New
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 3:09 pm
Drives: 2012 Volkswagen Polo 1.2 6R
Location: Easy-Sussex

Re: How take the 12v signal [Polo 6r]

Post by Roh4nms » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:20 am

So how do you intend to conceal the large connection adapter they come with?
Also have you found where to splice off for the door rests lights (and footwell) because I too thought it would work off the electric window switch but you say that doesn’t work.
Let me know how yours goes and I will be following suit if it turns out to be a simple task.
Cheers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firebulletz
Getting There!
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:43 pm
Drives: Polo comfortline 1.6 tdi 90cv
Location: IT

Re: How take the 12v signal [Polo 6r]

Post by firebulletz » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:24 pm

Roh4nms wrote:So how do you intend to conceal the large connection adapter they come with?
Also have you found where to splice off for the door rests lights (and footwell) because I too thought it would work off the electric window switch but you say that doesn’t work.
Let me know how yours goes and I will be following suit if it turns out to be a simple task.
Cheers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do not have the footwell lights. I would like the light to remain on when the lights are on, not just when the doors are opened. I saw that on golf 6 it is possible to take the signal from the window winder connector or from the door connector, but I do not think they are the same


Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk


firebulletz
Getting There!
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:43 pm
Drives: Polo comfortline 1.6 tdi 90cv
Location: IT

Re: How take the 12v signal [Polo 6r]

Post by firebulletz » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:25 pm

Roh4nms wrote:So how do you intend to conceal the large connection adapter they come with?
Also have you found where to splice off for the door rests lights (and footwell) because I too thought it would work off the electric window switch but you say that doesn’t work.
Let me know how yours goes and I will be following suit if it turns out to be a simple task.
Cheers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do not have the footwell lights. I would like the light to remain on when the lights are on, not just when the doors are opened. I saw that on golf 6 it is possible to take the signal from the window winder connector or from the door connector, but I do not think they are the same


Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk


User avatar
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Posts: 4254
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:20 am
Drives: 6R '13
Location: Earth ♥, Spain ☼
Contact:

Re: How take the 12v signal [Polo 6r]

Post by ciclo » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:39 pm

You need a 58 or 58d signal.

Open a personal topic in 6R section, show us your 6R and I help you with this. :lol:

firebulletz
Getting There!
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:43 pm
Drives: Polo comfortline 1.6 tdi 90cv
Location: IT

Re: How take the 12v signal [Polo 6r]

Post by firebulletz » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:19 pm

ciclo wrote:You need a 58 or 58d signal.

Open a personal topic in 6R section, show us your 6R and I help you with this. Image
I opened it :D

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk


Post Reply