6n 16v electric sunroof

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
delipolo16v
New

6n 16v electric sunroof

Post by delipolo16v »

Anyone tried this?
I have a standard 16v sunroof with a handle i hate it!!
So the plan is to fit an electric motor to it with a w8 light, I've been told that a mk3 golf motor is the way to go i've got all the wiring relays etc from a 1996 polo open air and an open air motor but i think the motor is no good.
Anyone shed any light on this for me?
The FASTEST
Getting There!

Post by The FASTEST »

where are you from?
delipolo16v
New

Post by delipolo16v »

uk why do you ask?
The FASTEST
Getting There!

Post by The FASTEST »

because of " deli ".....deli means in turkish " mad , crazy "...... in Turkish car forums there are lots of nick names like : deliCRX , deli16v, etc...........that's why i thought that you were writing from Turkey......
delipolo16v
New

Post by delipolo16v »

Oh yer i've heard this before, when i first asked someone about this electric sunroof they thought i was mad then i told them about my plan to fit abs and esp to my 6n oh and did i mention my turbo + nitrous enquiries?
delipolo16v
New

Post by delipolo16v »

i get so bored at work sometimes !!
The FASTEST
Getting There!

Post by The FASTEST »

delipolo16v wrote:Oh yer i've heard this before, when i first asked someone about this electric sunroof they thought i was mad then i told them about my plan to fit abs and esp to my 6n oh and did i mention my turbo + nitrous enquiries?

my car has manual sunroof therefore i had the some idea using whatever car's sunroof engine and locate the button on the dash as same as openair's....but my opinion is that the engine of openair's is different as i see, working of openair's system is different.....but i must say i havent seen any openair's roof engine nor the normal sunroof engine yet.

fitting turbo on the polo is a good idea and with the nitrous is extremely super.....

If you have money, try it......
delipolo16v
New

Post by delipolo16v »

Ok this is what i have got so far.
You have to use a golf mk3 motor and drill the mounting holes out to 6.5 mm, use the mk3 wiring and as you say use the open air switch.
I have a open air switch and a motor if you want a pic of it, just got to get a mk 3 golf motor and work out the rest from there.
The FASTEST
Getting There!

Post by The FASTEST »

KarlM
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by KarlM »

they've only got 130hp :?

should have got the 1.6 GTI engine (125hp)