under car neon lights

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

dub envy wrote: If people wanna do stuff to their cars then goddammit let them!
He didn't say he wanted them, he asked if it was possible to fit them on his car.
dub envy wrote: If done right, and in the right colour then neons can look pretty good!
Show us a pic then! :lol: :P
Paintdeep
New

Cost of neons

Post by Paintdeep »

Er where the hell do u think it's possible to get neons for 30 quid? (Other than illegally like when mine got nicked).
Plus I know what he was asking and i know it's perfectly possible for them to look good, i had them on mine and lots of people admired them. They aren't hard to fit if you have ramps and a decent drill. My biggest piece of advice is do the electrics first and please don't fit a rear tube cos it'll be seen and they might get stolen. The other gem of advice is that if u have an 8v mk4 you can actually fit one inside the bumper. There are plastic skirt things at the sides of the bumper and if u fit it above these u can hardly see the tube even if ur looking under the car.
Anyway good luck.
KarlM
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by KarlM »

i have seen single neons for £30, but i bet there a bit nasty :?
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

do beleive maplin do them for about £30......never seen what they look like tho :?
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

just a note for anyone thinking of fitteng them i did a quote once for someone who wanted additional interior switches (i.e. heated rear window etc) so that the interior didnt have some big nasty tacky switch