I need help on fitting and wiring neons

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
mikhal_fi
Getting There!

I need help on fitting and wiring neons

Post by mikhal_fi »

Hi guys, i am new to uk-polos. I am the owner of a polo 2000 (6N2) 1.4. I would like to fit interior neons. I was thinking of getting the power from the switch that is used to activate the rear window heating and have the neon on a switch. However i don't know how i can differ the currents (+ and -) The neons have a silver wire and a copper coloured wires. The switch has black blue brown and grey blue wires. How the hell do i do it? Could any one draw me a diagram of how to hook up the neon to the rear window switch and another switch that i will use to control the neons. Thanks you very much, your site is great and has loads of useful info.
Scorpio1
Gold Member

Post by Scorpio1 »

Hi mate and welcome!

I notice you're in Egham, must be nice seeing the Ferraris! :wink:

Not too sure on neon’s but I’m sure one of the other lads can help out
mikhal_fi
Getting There!

Post by mikhal_fi »

thanks mate, yeah the ferraris are nice. Sorry not in the mood, having trouble wid da gf. Can someone help me out wid the neons please?
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

id suggest going to maplins and getting a switch that you can fit in one of the blanks under the heater controls. then feed a fused cable from the battery (positive) then through the switch. the wire from the other side of the swich can be run under the carpet and under the door seal to the out side where you can connect this to your neons. you will need to contact the manufacturer to see which is the positive wire on the neons. for the negative/earth connect the wire to a ring terminal and then bolt that to the body cleaning off any underseal first