Problem with Central Locking for a MK5 Polo

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
JangoJamie
Bronze Member

Post by JangoJamie »

Hey guys, I think I have a central locking problem and was wondering if someone could help me out?

I have a VW Polo MK5 2001, 3 Door 1.4 16V.

Basically this all started when my mate opened the boot of my car through the boot lock. Since then my central locking has been playing up for some reason..

When I put my key in my drivers side door it only locks and unlocks the driver side door BUT not the whole car like it should do. Also everyone who has a MK5 polo knows that it makes a sound when everything locks at once, now it doesn't make that noise..

None of my lock switches work on the driver side door underneath the window switches..

I discovered that when I locked my car it had only locked the driver side door and the passenger side door was still unlocked when I came back to it!

Also the boot doesn't unlock so now I have to use a key to open it all the time.

A lot of writing I know but just needed to explain it in detail.

Has anyone had any problems like this before? Really need to sort this out! Could do with some help for sure!

Cheers
Jamie
JangoJamie
Bronze Member

Re: Problem with Central Locking for a MK5 Polo

Post by JangoJamie »

Just checked all the fuses and they are all okay.

Went down to the local car electrician where he has all the tools and such but I only just caught him parking his boat up, booked my car in with him for tuesday for him to take a look at. Lets hope its nothing too serious hopefully just some dodgy wiring inside the doors..

ALSO.. came outside to my car this morning and both my windows were down all the way! Car was locked as well.. must have happened over night or something really random..
red6n2
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by red6n2 »

The window thing is due to window roll up and down so your barrel must have to been set straight last time you used it to lock the car you can rest this by holding your key in the lock, unlock position whilst in the barrel. With the central locking issue it sounds as if your locking pump has failed they can't really be repaired but can be replaced without to much hassle pm bepe in here he has a few spared kicking about which I'm sure he will sell. The pump Is located in the boot on the right just behind the carpeted wall.

Hope it helps.
NotRich
Bronze Member

Re: Problem with Central Locking for a MK5 Polo

Post by NotRich »

I've got a spare pump !