Windows keep going down

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
monkey13
New

Windows keep going down

Post by monkey13 »

Hi all,
I bought a Polo 3 months ago (no idea what MK it is but it's a 2001) and a few weeks back I put the key in the lock and it got stuck. As soon as I put it in, the drivers window went down and I couldn't get the key out. I had to call the AA and he fixed it but that afternoon it did it again. Luckily I had the spare key on me this time so I had to drive home with the original key hanging out of the lock. I couldn't find anyone to fix it as it was 4pm on a Friday so I had a go myself. I took the door panel off and somehow coaxed the key out. Ever since then I have been using the passenger lock to get in and out.
All was good for a few weeks but for the last 3 days I have gone to my car in the morning to find the driver and passenger windows down and the car unlocked. They were definitely up and the car locked when I parked. Anyone have any idea what is wrong? If it is a fairly simple fix I would prefer to do it myself. I'm no mechanic but I am pretty handy. I don't want to take it to a garage for repair as I'm female and more than likely they would try to rip me off (yes it does happen!!!)

Thanks
benmkiv
Platinum Member

Windows keep going down

Post by benmkiv »

I believe this is the sign of a dodgy battery.
monkey13
New

Re: Windows keep going down

Post by monkey13 »

Thank you