Switching from Iphone 4 to Iphone 5!

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
callumbagshaw
New

Switching from Iphone 4 to Iphone 5!

Post by callumbagshaw »

Hi all,
This is my first post on here, I've had a search around to look for a solution to this already and can't find anything.
I bought my Polo brand new in 2010, I paid a little extra to get an ipod cable installed, this used to fit my iphone 4 and worked.
I've recently changed my phone to an iphone 5 and of course, the fitting for the cable is slightly different...
I've bought a few adapters for iphone 4 -> iphone 5 on ebay and tried just sticking them on the end of the current cable, but no joy!
Haven't took the head unit out to have a look at the other end of the cable, does anybody know if it's just a regular USB at the other end so I could just buy a replacement cable and plug it in? I can't see it being that easy though...

Does anyone know a relatively cheap solution to this which doesn't involve me going to my local VW dealer and paying way too much money for what should be a simple fix?

Thanks in advance,
Cal.
PoloWhite6r
New

Re: Switching from Iphone 4 to Iphone 5!

Post by PoloWhite6r »

Hi Callum, from what I've heard and can figure out, if you get the 32 pin to lightning adapter from Apple it should work. Apparently most the adapters and cables you buy do not support audio (just what the VW dealer told me), but the Apple one does. I haven't found anything out for certain but this is the best solution I have found online
callumbagshaw
New

Re: Switching from Iphone 4 to Iphone 5!

Post by callumbagshaw »

Thanks,
I can't find one of these online, do you have a link?