2014 Polo touch screen for fitted TPK system

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
billb
New
Drives: 2014 1.4 Match

2014 Polo touch screen for fitted TPK system

Post by billb »

I recently purchased a secondhand 2014 1.4 Polo Match and it came without the dash mounted touch screen, it has the mount and I assume everything else. I have been trying to buy a separate screen online but there are different versions and I have been told to look at the part number on the control box situated somewhere behind my glove box or radio to make sure i get the correct screen . Any suggestions on - A. how to find it, or - B. should there be a specific part number for the control box or are there more than one?

Bill B
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: 2014 Polo touch screen for fitted TPK system

Post by alexperkins »

Youll need to look on the control box behind the radio to get that

Either that, or upgrade the radio to something like and RCD330G plus and do away with it, plus gain a much much better head unit at the same with car play, android auto, better radio etc.
billb
New

Post by billb »

Thanks for the reply, i have (only) half solved the problem by speaking to my brother who I remembered has the same model Polo and he took a photo of the part number on the back of the screen, the part number was the same as one quoted on the back of the multi-language instruction book so I ordered one I found one on ebay. Now of course I cant get it to find my iphone when on the bluetooth settings on the phone, it doesn't like the 0000 PIN when I enter it. There is another phone already on the device, but even when following the instructions for adding another phone it doesn't get picked up on the screen. I have messaged the seller via eBay so now waiting for an answer
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

you may want to do a full factory reset and go from there
billb
New

Post by billb »

Getting there, found what the PIN was and went in OK then deleted the other phones that were stored. tried the phone and it worked! but can't hear any music despite it showing on the TPK screen the same tune as showing as playing on the phone screen. Was able to use the voice command to STOP or NEXT but no music Read the instructions but still no sound coming from the car speakers. Had the radio set to BT something, cant remember ATM the rest of it, chose the iPhone and not AUX on the TPK screen and TPK music on the iPhone but nothing.

What next?
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Landrover Freelander

Post by PoloBlueGT »

I’m pretty sure that to have the music streaming through the tpk unit it needs to have a specific cable running to the audio system and VW did not do this in the first instance. I have the same unit and just use my iPhone via the aux input. I’m sure someone will correct/elaborate on my post.
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

Correct - a different cable is needed to stream the music at proper stereo quality from the TPK to the head unit
billb
New

Post by billb »

So mine would more than likely to have been factory fitted and would cost an arm and a leg to replace I assume. It looks as though I will only be using the AUX socket or the one in the glove compartment.

Thanks every one for your reply's