Electric windows, now boot not working

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Polo62R
New
Drives: R Line Polo

Electric windows, now boot not working

Post by Polo62R »

I have a 62 plate R-Line polo but am experiencing some issues and wondered if anyone had any ideas please? A few months back, my passenger side window got stuck half way down and wouldn't budge. VW replaced the regulator and it worked for a bit until it went again (turns out they hadn't secured the window in place or something, so it had slipped out of alignment). So that window was sorted and then the same thing happened to the drivers side... again they replaced the regulator. The windows are working fine but now the boot will not open at all from the outside. I can flick it open from the inside by pulling the back seats down and flicking the lever across but obviously don't have access to the boot from the outside. There is no key hole so the only access I have is the vw badge. It's just locked all the time. Any ideas what's going on/ how to fix this? Is it just a coincidence that all three have gone in succession or something more to worry about? Thanks!!
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Electric windows, now boot not working

Post by RUM4MO »

Nothing more than a guess, but it will be either a broken/chopped wire in the cabling from the car into the hatch, or a failure of the latch release, latch lock motor.

I'm guessing that you have a 3 button key and the hatch release button is not releasing the hatch, also you have a boot release on the driver's door etc and that also does not release the hatch?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Electric windows, now boot not working

Post by iichel »

In addition to RUM4MO, if you would be able to remove the boot liner (2 screws and pull), you could pull of the connector from the logo. Close the boot and then use something like a paperclip to short the two metal contacts on the end of the cable you just pulled of. If this opens the boot, you can be pretty sure you have a failed logo switch.