Bluetooth media audio greyed out (bluetooth retrofit)

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
winky666
New
Drives: polo tsi

Bluetooth media audio greyed out (bluetooth retrofit)

Post by winky666 »

Hi,

I have just retro fitted a 7P6 035 730C bluetooth module in a VW POLO 6R with a Bosch RCD510. The installation was pretty straight forward and the calls work fine from the head unit. Now my understanding is the module is a 9w7 and should be capable of a2dp music streaming? The problem I have is when I click media, bluetooth media audio is greyed out. As it stands, no VCDS coding has been carried out on the car as the installation I was following from another forum indicated that the kit wprks plug and play (coding wpuld be required for the instalmental cluster to work but as my POLO has a mid line display which isn't capable to phonebook navigation, caller id etc, coding isn't required. I jave also enabled the option under bluetooth on the RCD510 but it hasnt changed the option from being greyed out.

Is my Module capable of the a2dp streaming?

Am i missing some coding to get it to work?

I have spent hours reading posts trying to get answers but I am now just finding myself reading the same posts and getting no answers.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Bluetooth media audio greyed out (bluetooth retrofit)

Post by iichel »

Perhaps you'll need to enable audio streaming in the bluetooth settings of your phone.
I would very much recommend to code your car correctly (i.e. gateway) to make sure all is working well. I'm not sure it will solve your problem, but just doing it properly is already a good idea.
winky666
New

Post by winky666 »

The service is due in the new year so I will see if they can do it at that point
Jasper_05
New
Drives: Polo 6R 1.4 Highline

Post by Jasper_05 »

Connect your phone and start playing a song on your phone. The bluetooth touch button than becomes available :D
winky666
New

Post by winky666 »

Thanks, I worked it out in the end but had it coded for good measure.