Stereo

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
sophie.wheeler
New

Stereo

Post by sophie.wheeler »

Hi guys really need some help with my 2014 6c polo. I've bought a new aftermarket stereo too fit and all the other bits to go with it but the wiring harness adapter seems to be wrong. The quad plug earth cables don't match up and the pins in the adapter don't go into a slot with terminals inside the quad plug already in the car. I'm only changing the screen but the actual head unit is the one in the glove box.

Does anybody have any idea where to get another adapter from that's going to fit as the stereo isn't working at the moment. I'm going back to halfords tomorrow to see if they have a different one but any help in the mean time would be really appreciated.

If you would like pictures I'll have to get them tomorrow as I don't have any decent ones now

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Stereo

Post by alexperkins »

Pop up some pics of you can

I don’t believe you can change the radio on the models with the units in the glovebox as it’s all integrated and uses proprietary wiring to a degree
sophie.wheeler
New

Re: Stereo

Post by sophie.wheeler »

alexperkins wrote:Pop up some pics of you can

I don’t believe you can change the radio on the models with the units in the glovebox as it’s all integrated and uses proprietary wiring to a degree
Alright will have to be a bit later as I'm at work at the moment

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk