2016 polo infotainment system, satnav

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
danielmirtorabi
New
Drives: VW Polo 2016 6c gti rep

2016 polo infotainment system, satnav

Post by danielmirtorabi »

Hi, my polo is a 2016 blue motion version, number plate MC16 UJX. I want to have either apple play or a satnav option on my infotainment system, is there an update I need to do on my system for me to be able to have a satnav on it? im not sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Stormtrooper1967
New
Drives: 1.2 TSI Match Edition 5 Door Pure White

Re: 2016 polo infotainment system, satnav

Post by Stormtrooper1967 »

Sorry this forum is not very good for responding to requests and I've only logged in to seek some information.

If you have the Composition Media Unit with no NAV button then you have a number of options.

1. Retrofit the Discover Media unit which requires both the head unit and the unit in the glovebox to be replaced - very expensive!

2. Check with your local VW dealer if CarPlay can be activated (it can only be activated on some Composition Media Units) I forget which but it has something to do with the button on the left - forget which one lol. Cost is around £200

3. VW can fit a bodged sat nav unit which I think is Kenwood and is pants avoid!

4. Retrofit a non VW unit. Most are on ebay and from China. Personally I don't like them although they are cheap!