MkV Side light bulbs

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
Ian
Bronze Member

MkV Side light bulbs

Post by Ian »

Anyone know how to change the side light bulbs on MkV... :?:

Headlights OK, driving lights OK, Fog loghts OK...side lights...bit of a bugger.

Incidentally, fitted those new Philips 4000K blue vision bulbs - fantastic - as close as dammit to real HID and real gleaming white light with a hint of blue

Shame about the side lights though - makes them look gold !! 8)
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

if by mk5 you mean the squre clear headlighted polo then you have to remove the rear coved by moving the wire clip towards the centre of tyhe car then work out which bulb holder it is (lower inner) ans pull on the holder
im pretty sure ithats right because i did it at the show
and yes those bulbs do look really good there the ones ive fitted and a couple of gti`s ion tere will be fitting them too
Ian
Bronze Member

Post by Ian »

Thanks Polo2k...yes MkV - Clear Square plastic lenses

Got the covers removed...can manage everything (all other bulbs) - tried pulling, turning everything - side lights will not come out...got hold of my screwdriver - then decided to put it away, go on the web and ask here for advice first.

Car is all but new - only 5k on clock when I bought it on Wednesday last week...reluctant to take it to dealer just for side lights

If I remember, when I changed the bulbs on the Mkiv - it was tight too.

Love this one more (MkV) - it's that bright blue colour, fully loaded inside - getting some 16" oz wheels fitted to it next week - don't know what tyres to use though...Ah, any idea where I can get blue tail lights for this model ?

Shame I bought it for my wife, would like one myself - I drive S60.
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

i dont think theres a blue tail but you could prolly fit the mk4 hela blue rears with a little electrical work
and just keep pulling