BC's Polo 6N2 GTi (Hello)

Post pictures of your car! (Max size 30k each - 800x600)
bstardchild

BC's Polo 6N2 GTi (Hello)

Post by bstardchild »

Third Polo

Previously I had a MKIV (6N) - link to the thread below

http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... 24&t=12103

Anyway they didn't make a 6n2 GTi in White so I had to find on in my second choice colour Black - with me it's either black, white, grey (as long as it looks black) or green (also as long as it looks black) (please ignore any red cars in any shots please - that was an accident)

Advert pics

Corroded wheels - paintwork keyed and a few bubbles in the paint on the plastic as well as non working electric windows and loads of scruffy trim on the inside meant there was quite a bit of negotiation on the price but the seller came round to my way of thinking

get it home and first thing fix the windows and swap the wheels for the one I'd refurbed for my 1.4 CL

That didn't take long :lol:

Replaced a load of other parts - borrowed a few from the old polo as it was being reverted back to std

Transfer her plate onto it - use and just have fun

No that can't be it surely!!!

Maybe not - I may have

- debadged the rear
- purchased and fitted black front and rear VW Badges
- blacked the front GTi badge - not liked that and reverted to chrome GT and a black i on the front
- fitted headlight protectors
- sunglasses holder
- toerag torch
- occasionally fitted a stubby aerial if it's not school holidays (as they go walkies if left on)
- Fitted Aero Wipers
- Headlight protectirs for the summer (Winter I run without as they are hard to clean without removal)
- fully serviced the car replaced plugs and leads plus all the usual oil/pollen filters and fluids
- fitted K&N panel filter

Annoyingly the MK4 Estate Wiper (covered wiper blade) fouls the spoiler so that's still in a box marked to be ebayed!!

Car was also missing it's tool kit so had to get a complete set from a breaker - luckily it was perfect and never been used.

Next to do

Need to sort the Paintwork out next but it really needs a new exhaust as the locating arms are breaking away from the pipes - fixed it with a couple of exhaust clamps till I can sort out an exhaust - will probably go for a powerflow system with a hidden rear exit as I like the look at the rear

Brake calipers could do with a refresh as they have faded pink

Some lowering springs would be nice - no point going coilovers as it has to be everyday practical and so the ride when jacked up on coilies is way too stiff

Nasty buzzing from the centre console - gearshift area so that's going to have to come out to find out what's loose or causing it.

But currently I've been experimenting with a set of Polo Match Alloys as the BBS RX2's are a fussy wheel to keep clean in the winter (I like a clean car but what I like and what I get or have time for aren't always in line with each other)
metz

Re: BC's Polo 6N2 GTi (Hello)

Post by metz »

Long time no see brother. im liking the GTI 8)
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

looking good
MarkP
New

Post by MarkP »

Very food car
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Long time no see BC - Hope you are well?

Nice GTi :)