Project Little Red (Freshly Bagged with ferrari goodness)

Post pictures of your car! (Max size 30k each - 800x600)
Jemima
Silver Member

Re: Polo 9n3 project (page 11 new wheels)

Post by Jemima »

photobucket...
Eddie9n
Bronze Member

Post by Eddie9n »

nicklatham wrote:how do i upload photos ?
http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... =16&t=3388
Jemima
Silver Member

Post by Jemima »

One from Elsecar :)
Jemima
Silver Member

Post by Jemima »

Went to pick my new wheels up last week from Dartford
will have spent far too much once tyres, wobble bolts, adapters and 90degree valves have been put on the wheels so it's clear to say my credit card has seriously fallen out with me this week
Here is a sneaky peak of part of the wheel, as you can see a beautiful polished lip, pearl white bolts and teal centres.
They are 17" wheels and 8" wide
Getting some stretch tyres tomorrow 185/35's so should look pretty smart! Can't wait to get them on :D
Jemima
Silver Member

Post by Jemima »

So today my plan was to get some tyres stretched onto the wheels and pick up my wobble bolts :)

run into two problems....
first problem was that I had been sold the wheels as 8inch wide.... oh no, no, no, turns out they are 8.5" wide
so after getting some 185/35 tyres saved for me I went to get them fitted, much to my horror that the tyres wouldnt actually stretch on :(
Tried for almost an hour on one wheel but it wouldn't pop onto the bead and it kept losing pressure so we sacked those tyres off
I wanted to go for 195/35 but considering they are hard to get a hold of i've sacked that idea off but the test fit of the wheels has shown me that I won't actually need to go for such a low profile tyre so an executive decision was made and 195/40s will be enough I reckon.
The next problem we had was because i'm using 15mm adapters for the wheels, the wobble bolts are too long so we're going to have to cut them down.

Not overly fussed, I'd rather spend that extra bit of time getting perfect fitment and doing it properly than to rush and it look s**t or be badly fitted :)

So here they are on a test fit, I'm extremely happy with the result and will absolutely, under no circumstances, be changing the wheels again any time soon

They are Modena Racing wheels (kindly found for me by my other half)
3 Piece splits, and if you can find any information on them or know anything about where they came from or the original manufacturer it would be greatly appreciated if you could pass any info on as I've been struggling to find any info on them at all!
Polished lip, teal powder coated centres and pearl white bolts

anyway I hope you all like them as much as I do.
I won't recommend the guy who did all the powder coating etc just yet... incase it flakes off and I go searching for him with a pick axe and a shovel ;)
greypolo9n3
Gold Member
Drives: white 6r 1.6 tdi rline/gti

Post by greypolo9n3 »

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 4f44b55d56

im taking a guess theyre the ones youve bought

original manufacturer is WORK ....ive only ever seen them on my xbox lol
Jemima
Silver Member

Post by Jemima »

yep thats the guy :)
Jemima
Silver Member

Post by Jemima »

I'm not sure they are WORK wheels :/ i've seen the autostrada modenas but the label on these just said modena racing with a load of japanese writing :S meh!
greypolo9n3
Gold Member
Drives: white 6r 1.6 tdi rline/gti

Post by greypolo9n3 »

Jemima wrote:I'm not sure they are WORK wheels :/ i've seen the autostrada modenas but the label on these just said modena racing with a load of japanese writing :S meh!

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/parts-s ... -rims.html

maybe that will clear your doubts?...thats what i saw anyway
Jemima
Silver Member

Post by Jemima »

greypolo9n3 wrote:
Jemima wrote:I'm not sure they are WORK wheels :/ i've seen the autostrada modenas but the label on these just said modena racing with a load of japanese writing :S meh!

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/parts-s ... -rims.html

maybe that will clear your doubts?...thats what i saw anyway
those are 16's and a different shape dish. The label on the alloys said modena racing and then some japanese symbols :S
Jemima
Silver Member

Post by Jemima »

So today I finally managed to source some tyres and got all four stretched on, centre caps and badges came this morning which look awsome!
So I guess that means they can go on now....?

ermm well no! The areshole I paid an arm and a leg to for these wheels hasn't sealed them properly so they all leak :( Not only that, but we found he had snapped a bolt and tried to cover it by siliconing it back together!
All in all, pretty pissed off and losing faith now!
The other half is going to spend the next couple of weeks splitting them right down and building them back up properly, and not like a cowboy.
So here they are built up and losing air :(

on a good note.... My textured GTI side skirts have come and are now fitted to her :)

Just got my police lights to get fitted, a ridiculously big sub box to go where the seats once went in the back and just some general tidying up before modified nationals.
Just completely gutted the wheels won't be on in time :(
TehSniper
Bronze Member

Re: Polo Little Red (page 11 new wheels)

Post by TehSniper »

What a bastard! Would deffo be trying to get some money out of him! Still looks great though
Jemima
Silver Member

Post by Jemima »

Well the other half managed to pull through on the wheels :) Not 100% but they held air for long enough to drive to modified nationals, we just had to stop to pump them up a few times.
Came home with my first ever trophy for runner up in show & shine Top 50 and to say that is the biggest modified car show of the year, well its not too bad really :)
Very happy with the result! sadly the axe's have to go back on until I get the wheels fully sealed, but here she is at Modified Nationals 2013
TehSniper
Bronze Member

Post by TehSniper »

Congrats! Love this car, it's about time it win something :)
Jemima
Silver Member

Post by Jemima »