Polo 9n3 GTi Bagged.... Wire tuck / Smooth bay

Post pictures of your car! (Max size 30k each - 800x600)
PaulBag
New

Polo 9n3 GTi Bagged.... Wire tuck / Smooth bay

Post by PaulBag »

After selling the Clio to one of my good friends, I set about finding another car.

Looked a so many different cars ad didnt really know what to buy. But after a few weeks looking I found the car on Pistonheads/Edition a few weeks ago and was talking to the boy back and forth. Eventually got flights booked headed over to see the car in Leeds.
Car was really clean as expected and sounded and well extremely well.
After some negotiating (as usual) we agreed on a price and the car was mine :)

Spec of the car ;
FK Coilovers
Full Turbo Back Miltek Exhaust
Jetex Air Filter
Forge Front Mount Intercooler
Forge Dump Valve
Forge Front Strut Brace
Custom Stage 2 Map to 220bhp

LM Reps 8x17 with genuine bolts replacing the fake bolts with the centres painted a bronze colour (hard to explain) with Falken Tyres :)

Car was a good spec from the factory and came with Xenons, Auto dimming rear view mirror, heated seats and full climate control.

I haven't really got any good pics of it as of yet so here is a couple.

and a few more pics after a quick detailing session.

Then I decided to take the 'LMs' off as the salt was quickly eating away at the not lacquered dishes, and bought a set of steels (didn't get standard wheels with car :( ) for over the winter and until I buy something else.

So I then ordered a few parts of Awesome GTi. Whiteline Rear ARB, Newsouth Boost Gauge and Driver's heater Vent Pod. I'm still;l waiting on the Pod for the gauge but I got the ARB in the other day.

Makes a good bit of difference to the handling of the car. Rear end feels so much tighter (wahey ;) )
Then I Ordered wheels on Friday night. A set of Compomotive M06 :) Should be here in 7-10days. Then need to get some sticky rubber.
Also going to order a big hoop FK front ARB and hopefully a set of 312mm brakes next week when I get paid.
The Pod was posted out today so should be here by the end of the week.
I think that's everything I've done so far.

So plans now are;
Compomotives on
Helper springs out
FK ARB in
Paint front bumper

Think that'll keep me going for a while. :)

Cheers for reading :)
Paul
Last edited by PaulBag on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benmkiv
Platinum Member

Polo 9n3 GTi Daily Weapon...

Post by benmkiv »

Saw the clip in fast car and loved it. You decided to sell because of the feature? Seems cars are at their highest value after a feature ;) be interested to see what happens to this one bud!
PaulBag
New

Re: Polo 9n3 GTi Daily Weapon...

Post by PaulBag »

benmkiv wrote:Saw the clip in fast car and loved it. You decided to sell because of the feature? Seems cars are at their highest value after a feature ;) be interested to see what happens to this one bud!
Cheers dude. I didn't sell because of the feature. Was just a time to change, otherwise more money was going to be pumped into the Clio which I didn't really want to do.
Hopefully this one turns out to be what I have in my head ;)
PaulBag
New

Post by PaulBag »

So another small update. I got the post gauge wired and plumbed in yesterday. Sits really well and neat in the drivers heater vent. Was quite a pain to do, especially feeding the pipe through the fire wall, but eventually got there and spliced onto the sidelight wire, so the gauge lights up with the side lights.

Few pictures;

Sorry for crappy phone pictures.

Still waiting for wheels, hopefully won't be too long now.

Cheers for reading.
Paul :D
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

nice mate
PaulBag
New

Post by PaulBag »

So a pretty bit update.

Got the wheels delivered yesterday, but I was at tech. So convinced Mum to take me to the depot and get them.

Really pleased with how they look. Should hopefully sit nice on the car.

I got tyres ordered for them as well. 195/40/16 Toyo Proxies T1-R's. So they'll hopefully be on by Friday.

Also booked the car in to get the FK FARB fitted. So it's going in on Thursday morning to get that done.

My little friend from UPS also brought the brakes today. 312mm TT brakes with new EBC pads and discs. After looking at them and the wheels, they are going to be extremely tight in behind them but hopefully should work :)

Finally I gave the car a badly needed wash, polish and wax. I'm still trying to decide wether to run the plate the way it is or smooth the recess. Any opinions?

Cheers for reading.
PaulBag
New

Post by PaulBag »

OK so update time.
I decided to take the helper springs out of the front to get it a bit lower, Which was going well Until a bolt that holds the top mount to car sheared and then another was spinning inside the top mount. Had to drill through this one and get new top mount. All sorted now. I never lowered the front more just removed helper spings but kept at same height ready to be lowered once Comps go on.

How it sat overnight..

After the top mount breaking I got new one and drilled old on out Also took helper springs out of the front. I screwed the coils up to roughly the same height though. Gonna wait till the Comps are going on to put it on it's face.

A crap picture of the Comp on the car. Need to figure out of to get it lower (without bags) :)

Also got the front brakes on yesterday. Was definitely a learning curve. Never done brakes before. Only had on real head scratcher moment when the driver side calliper was on passenger side and brake line wouldn't reach lol. But that was quickly sorted :)

It's a really weird setup as the standard brakes don't fit behind the Comps but the 312mm do!? They hit the carrier on the standard setup but the carrier sits further in with the new setup so this means I'm happy :)

Crappy pics again :)

Clearance with the steel.

Will get better pictures ASAP :)

Cheers :)
PaulBag
New

Post by PaulBag »

Update time..

I got the front helper springs out and screwed the front down a bit more. Also got tyres on the Comps. 195/40R16 Toyo T1-Rs :)

Test fitted them on Sunday there.

The pictures do it no justice what so ever! The colour looks so much nicer in flesh!

Cheers
drennan
Gold Member

Polo 9n3 GTi Daily Weapon...

Post by drennan »

Nice i likee :) need to touch up tha rust. good progress like the plate too would be an ideal 1 to shorten rite down n smooth the recess
PaulBag
New

Post by PaulBag »

drennan wrote:Nice i likee :) need to touch up tha rust. good progress like the plate too would be an ideal 1 to shorten rite down n smooth the recess
Yeah dude there is centre caps to go on yet. Was just a test fit.
Thinking of smoothing the recess, unsure yet though.
quinnygti
Bronze Member

Post by quinnygti »

Car looks sweet as, wheels really suit it all u need now is a black roof!
PaulBag
New

Post by PaulBag »

quinnygti wrote:Car looks sweet as, wheels really suit it all u need now is a black roof!
Thanks dude, although I'm not really a fan of black roofs dude to be honest.
PaulBag
New

Post by PaulBag »

So small update.

Car got notched yesterday evening, ready to go lower tomorrow night, then need to throw the Comps on and measure it up for whatever spacers I'm going to need, then I've got to source them. :)

Also going to get myself a set of even shorter drop links. Then that will be it ready for the drive to UD :)

After UD really tempted for a contrasting bay with a touch of smoothing and maybe a bit more power. Will have to see what thoughts go through my head when I'm over there though :)

Paul
PaulBag
New

Post by PaulBag »

So had some driveshaft rubbing issues on way to Newry, it was rubbing the notch :( So going to get that sorted this week or next and then get it screwed back down and hopefully lower :)

Also need the front end painted after the episode on the way over. But will prob be after Dubshed before I get that done.

But anyway.... UD pics :)

And my favourite one...

PaulBag
New

Post by PaulBag »

Found a couple more pics from UD and a couple from Dubshed too :)

Also guys, I got my Turbo Intake Pipe today. I got it in red, although I'm thinking of sending ti back for a black one. Sort of think red might be a bit 'racey' and sort of like the OEM feel to the bay at the minute.

Anyone got any opinions? :)