IMPORTANT ALL MEMBERS

All members need to read the following page The new General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR)

Failure to read and accept the new privacy policy may result in your account being deleted, so please take a quick read

Cheers

The UK-Polos.NET Admin Team

Polo 9N3 GTI Red Project

Post pictures of your car! (Max size 30k each - 800x600)
LawShe
Bronze Member

Polo 9N3 GTI Red Project

Post by LawShe » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:53 pm

Not posted much since I've been on here, more watched from a distance :shock:

But making some progress on the car so thought I'd share it and maybe get some more ideas.

Car started off like this

51,000 miles, stage 1 remap, recirc valve and pipercross panel filter, leather heated seats etc.

Bluemotion rear valance bought from KC in white, had it sprayed in red (FOC - not what you know it's who you know!)

Before:
Excuse the gay Instagram picture

After:
My private plate is also fitted now.

Next was coilovers, managed to pick up a second hand set of APs that had only been used for a month including new top mounts and shorted ARB droplinks for £350 which I thought was a good price.
Fitted these at the weekend, got some tweeking to do and need to get tracking etc done but this is how it stands at the minute:
Rears with the adjusters taken out
Also fitted number plate surrounds and a Fat Willy's surf shack sticker which I got on my travels.

Future plans are: Take it to R-Tech to get the stage 1 re done as the one on it at the minute wouldn't be a smooth curve if I had it on a dyno, doesn't feel quite as powerful as a stage 1 should.
Wheels - unsure yet, thinking Porsche but that's been done a lot now, any suggestions?

Rate and slate welcome.

Thanks for looking :D

Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Re: Polo 9N3 GTI Red Project

Post by Yeahhluke » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:13 pm

Looks really good mate, i like the polos in red, was my 2nd choice after black

Fat Willy's good choice i ment to get one on the last day of my holiday but there were closed :| as for wheels Rotiforms TMB's :wink:

LawShe
Bronze Member

Post by LawShe » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:33 pm

Yea tbh red wasn't my first choice when I bought it but it had the extras on that I wanted, now it's really grown on me. Just googled those wheels, definitely impressed, will have to keep my eye out for a set. Yea I wanted a sticker when I was on holiday but never managed to, you can get them off the website for £1.50

Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Post by Yeahhluke » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:51 pm

I think the whhels are all custom made though so cost ££££££ :shock:

I might just do that now, i know what you mean someones spec and all round car outweights colour

its looking really clean though mate, got any other ideas for it yet?

LawShe
Bronze Member

Post by LawShe » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:55 pm

Yea I had a quick google, gorgeous wheels but cost in excess of a grand :/

Sort out the remap, maybe get some spacers for the time being while I'm on standard wheels cus they look a bit lost in the arches then get some new wheels in the next few months. Other than that I'm not too sure, maybe a miltek but not really interested in going down the stage 2 route due to fuel economy. Have you got a thread for yours?

Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Post by Yeahhluke » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:40 pm

Yeah i would love them but as you so abit pricey,

Yes mate, its in the 9N3 section, "Black and Purple Polo GTI" :wink: hopefully lots of updates-ish going this weekend depending on the weather

tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:07 pm

looking good

Mark M
New

Post by Mark M » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:03 am

Car looks well mate