Not quite a postcard again - Le Mans

See if you can find a net connection while you are on holiday and post here!
bstardchild

Not quite a postcard again - Le Mans

Post by bstardchild »

Le Mans pictures :lol: Hard to find internet access in a tent filled field

Right click on the link (open in a new window)

This album is shared at http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/1517575

Choose slideshow and adjust the refresh rate to anything from 5 secs down to 1 sec

PS might be a bit boring - I guess you had to be there.......
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

Cool pics mate.

Did you try and sneak to the Mulsanne straight at all?

Makes me wish I'd got myself organised and bothered to go. Oh well, always next year :D
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

Redline wrote:Cool pics mate.
Ta - just experimenting and like an idiot I forgot my tripod for the nightime shots
Redline wrote:Did you try and sneak to the Mulsanne straight at all?
Now you know you can only view the cars behind the safety fence at designated and controlled areas with lots of marshalls.......

Yumping thro the forests to get to an unmarshalled and prohibitted viewing place where you may be in danger could get you into lots of trouble so I wouldn't have done that would I???
Redline wrote:Makes me wish I'd got myself organised and bothered to go. Oh well, always next year :D
Just do it - cheap weeks holiday IMHO and watching the sun come up having watched the race thro the Sat night is one of the biggest buzzes you will ever get......
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Redline wrote:Makes me wish I'd got myself organised and bothered to go. Oh well, always next year :D
bstardchild wrote:Just do it - cheap weeks holiday IMHO and watching the sun come up having watched the race thro the Sat night is one of the biggest buzzes you will ever get......
UK-P meet at LM06? 8)
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

Si_GTi wrote:UK-P meet at LM06? 8)
Top idea :lol: But I reckon it will raise as much interest as a track day session!!!!
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

bstardchild wrote:
Si_GTi wrote:UK-P meet at LM06? 8)
Top idea :lol: But I reckon it will raise as much interest as a track day session!!!!
After the Golf GTI day at Oulton Park that my dealership organised, track days are very interesting! As long as it's someone else's car and I don't have to worry about the brakes/fuel/tyres/ and using only gears 1st to 4th :twisted:

Anyway, its 12 months away (9 months until organising it though I guess!) so no real point in gauging interest for a little while yet! I'd be up for it though... I watched about 8 hours of it on Eurosport here, of the 16 they showed :wink:
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

Si_GTi wrote:After the Golf GTI day at Oulton Park that my dealership organised, track days are very interesting! As long as it's someone else's car and I don't have to worry about the brakes/fuel/tyres/ and using only gears 1st to 4th :twisted:
hmmmm but that doesn't tell you anything about the car you drive every day!!!!
Si_GTi wrote:Anyway, its 12 months away (9 months until organising it though I guess!) so no real point in gauging interest for a little while yet! I'd be up for it though... I watched about 8 hours of it on Eurosport here, of the 16 they showed :wink:
I have never been to a better Motor racing event (hedging my bets cos Bathhurst 24 is next year's target) 5 days of party time!!!

Trouble with Le Mans is if you don't book it now you will never get a camping pass in nine months time!!!
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

I'm already looking at Le Mans next year with a couple of mates.

It is true though, from what I've read and heard you need to start planning now in order to get the very best camping spots and stuff.

This website http://www.beermountain.com has some cool info. Makes me really want to go next year :D
BLACK6N_POLO
Silver Member

Post by BLACK6N_POLO »

kl pics! 8)