Greetings from Japan!

See if you can find a net connection while you are on holiday and post here!
cyhliu
Platinum Member

Greetings from Japan!

Post by cyhliu »

Guys,

Thought I`d drop you a line to say hello from Japan, saves having me to post out postcards anyhow! ha ha ha!

I`ve been here a week and have been to traveling around Hiroshima, Kyoto and Osaka, will be spending the next week in Tokyo and Yokohama with a day in Hakone which should be good. The people are so friendly and polite over here and some of the views are great.

Got to go, will post again later!
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Hi Chris!

Glad to hear you're having a good time!

I take it you'll be capturing some of these views on "film" and posting the pics up here when you get back?

Take Care!

(ps, any luck with the luggage holder? :wink: )
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

bring us back some anime merchandise, the import prices are murderous :lol: :lol:

have fun dude...
Petrified
Sponsor

Post by Petrified »

Tahrey1043 wrote:bring us back some anime merchandise, the import prices are murderous :lol: :lol:
I second that!

Have a great time. Wish I could go next year. :mrgreen:

James.
cyhliu
Platinum Member

Greetings from Japan...Cont...

Post by cyhliu »

Chaps,

Sorry about the short post last time, was running out of time at the cafe and they are short to come by especially since they are not so popular (most people have email on their phones!) and the keyboards are an arse to get used to!

Josh, no luck about your luggage net I`m afraid, it costs 8500 yen which is about 45 plus squid (I thought about 35 when I was at the dealers). Struggled to dfind a dealer that spoke English too. They seem to have a lot more accessories over here, there is one that you stick to the passenger side bumper that gives you an idea how close you are to the the car which is good but I have never seen it anywhere else. Most parts are pretty expensive as it is quite expensive to own a car over here. I swear I have seen one Polo GTI...in yellow which looked great! I`ve seen quite a few VAG cars although no Seats and Skodas, I guess the stigma of the Skoda has travelled far! Not many Audis althouth a few Polos 6N and 6N2s, Golfs and a couple of TTs...obviously many still favor the Japanese cars, lots of Hondas, many cars here seem to copy European styles...seen many look like Jags, Minis and Rollers.

As for the Anime, was looking into that myself, fancied getting a copy of Akira but DVDs are similarly priced to the UK if not more expensive, around 20 squid the majority and all in Japanese. Okay got to go, only two days before I come home, going to miss this place...it is so cool...will try and get some photos or some motors...

Easy chaps!