smooth bay

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
willriseley
Silver Member

smooth bay

Post by willriseley »

anyone know of or ever seen a mk2 with a smoothed bay? it doesnt look like there would be to much work in there really to get it looking cleaner???

also anyone know if venom do a 70mm drop for a mk2 saloon as it doesnt list it on there site.

and anyone got any advice on pulling arches like 4 or 5 cm allround????
ste mk1lx
Silver Member

Post by ste mk1lx »

suspension kit is the same for all polo models built from around 78- 94 so just order for the hatch or coupe ;)
SteB
Silver Member

Post by SteB »

Like the man said, all mk1, 2 and 3 polo suspension is the same.

As for smoothed bays, havent really seen many efforts. The one in the pic is a mk1 derby, but theyre essentially the same as a mk2 bay.

Theyve had away with the scuttle/rain tray/whatever you like to call it, i think it opens up the bay nicely, but the massive hole for the heater matrix gubbins looks proper gash. Apart from that, inner wings and strut towers could have been smoothed off easily.

What engine is going to live in your smoothed bay?
tupac2makaveli71
Silver Member

Post by tupac2makaveli71 »

looks like a peice of art wow
willriseley
Silver Member

Post by willriseley »

just a standard cack ass 1043cc until i get enough to get either a 20vt or a 4motion engine and running gear? anyone know if i can get a roofrack for it like the old skool beetle ones?
i would look but havnt got the time

(work in progress) but you will all have to wait to see what it is?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
SteB
Silver Member

Post by SteB »

willriseley wrote:just a standard cack ass 1043cc until i get enough to get either a 20vt or a 4motion engine and running gear? anyone know if i can get a roofrack for it like the old skool beetle ones?
Getting a 20vT in there would be a fair old acheivement, so good luck with the V6!!! :lol:

Roof racks come up on Ebay quite often, usually some nice ones to be had