Ibiza Cupra & FR Question........................

Forum to discuss the Seat Ibiza
waveydavey
Sponsor

Ibiza Cupra & FR Question........................

Post by waveydavey »

Hi all,

One of the cars i'm thinkin' about adding to my list of possible replacements to my Polo is the Ibiza Cupra 1.9 TDi.......... I just wondered if anybody who has one could confirm if it comes with xenons?

I've checked the Seat homepage and it shows xenons as only available as an option on the FR..... I assumed this meant the Cupra got them as standard but when i checked the eqpt levels of both the FR and Cupra they both seem to get halogens as standard. This seems a little strange that they would only be an option on the 'next-to-the-top-of-the-range' model and not the Cupra.....

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dave.
Last edited by waveydavey on Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

hey, good choice to add to ur list of possibles mate!
i've been reading the seat ibiza 'guide book' with all the specs and options in and it looks like, or at least it shows xenons as optional equipment on the FR only!!
to me this seems strange, but i have have a backdrop on my computer, with an FR and a Cupra, and the FR has xenons but the cupra doesn't so it would seem then that they r not standard on the Cupra model!!

pop over to www.seatcupra.net/forums and ask them the question mate, there r some very knowledgeable blokes over there!! someone should be able to give u the answer!!!

hope this helps
toXXin

Post by toXXin »

My mum has a Cupra PD160 (now 200bhp - Revo used it to develop the remap) and it doesn't come with Xenons. I think they're an option on the FR but not the Cupra.

As Dan says, get yourself registered on cupranet - I spent over 4 years on that forum :)
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

toXXin wrote:My mum has a Cupra PD160 (now 200bhp - Revo used it to develop the remap)
was it fitted when your mum bought it, or did she get it fitted? if she got it fitted, cool mum! :lol:
waveydavey
Sponsor

Post by waveydavey »

Thanks for the replies guys.............

The options so far are...............

Ibiza Cupra 1.9TDi
Fiesta ST
Fabia vRS
Colt CZT

But it changes each week...... I'll be booking some test drives in a few months so that's when the real decision making will start.

Cheers

Dave.
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

Its a brilliant car and a CTR beater once remapped. Just don't expect Honda reliabilty or a decent dealer network :cry: Thats the reason mine had to go!

Just thought I'd mention; you can get Evo VII FQ300's for silly money now (£14k+) 8)
waveydavey
Sponsor

Post by waveydavey »

Nelson_Wilbury wrote:Its a brilliant car and a CTR beater once remapped. Just don't expect Honda reliabilty or a decent dealer network :cry: Thats the reason mine had to go!

Just thought I'd mention; you can get Evo VII FQ300's for silly money now (£14k+) 8)
Cheers for that Nelson........... I like evo's...... But we don't need another big/bigish car hence the options so far......... i may also even go for a 2-seater to be honest rather than one of the cars above...... The only ruling is that it has to be a 2001 Y plate or newer cos i'll be moving my reg over.

The other consideration is that i travel 50 miles a day to/from work so the 2 diesel selections are topping the list just on the amount of money they'll save me!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: It costs me an arm & a leg as it is when i use the CTR for work. :lol:

Cheers

Dave.
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

waveydavey wrote:
Nelson_Wilbury wrote:Its a brilliant car and a CTR beater once remapped. Just don't expect Honda reliabilty or a decent dealer network :cry: Thats the reason mine had to go!

Cheers for that Nelson........... I like evo's...... But we don't need another big/bigish car hence the options so far......... i may also even go for a 2-seater to be honest rather than one of the cars above...... The only ruling is that it has to be a 2001 Y plate or newer cos i'll be moving my reg over.

The other consideration is that i travel 50 miles a day to/from work so the 2 diesel selections are topping the list just on the amount of money they'll save me!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: It costs me an arm & a leg as it is when i use the CTR for work. :lol:

Cheers

Dave.
What about an A3 2.0 TDi S-line? Costs about £21k but the extra you spend on the car you'll save in depreciation?
waveydavey
Sponsor

Post by waveydavey »

Nelson_Wilbury wrote:
waveydavey wrote:

Cheers

Dave.
What about an A3 2.0 TDi S-line? Costs about £21k but the extra you spend on the car you'll save in depreciation?

:shock: Wish i had 21k to spend........ :) Thats more than the CTR cost..... and the IS we had before that.

The budget for the Polo replacement will be around 12k-ish.

Cheers

Dave.
waveydavey
Sponsor

Post by waveydavey »

Well just been to the local Seat dealer to get a brochure....... I always said i didn't like the FR cos it didn't look sporty enough........ I've changed my mind now !!!!! :D :D :D

The piccies in the brochure have changed my mind i must say. Although i must admit i think the silver mirrors only suit the red car. Plus brand new it's the same price as the used Cupras..... I would go for the xenons and a couple of the other options...... Anybody had any good deals with a new FR in the past???? I was thinking of lookin' at cars just before the new reg came in as i'm putting my plates on the new car so i wouldn't mind getting a 55 plate just before the 06's came along if it saved me some dosh.

Cheers

Dave.
toXXin

Post by toXXin »

My mum got me to ring Revo and see if they wanted to develop a code on it. That was on the way home from picking it up! She had a 1.8T MK3 Cupra before and had the Revo trial put on it :)

The Cupra is a nice car, but do you need one? A Fabia vRS or an Ibiza FR with a remap and a 312mm brake upgrade is quicker and less money.
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

the FRs tdi are nice cars, not as aggressive looking possibly as the cupras but a real wolf in sheeps clothing!!
with a revo or custom codes remap, u could get 180bhp easily (same as leon cupra) and well over 300 ft/lb torque (i think).
there is an ibiza facelift coming out later this year by the looks of it, so there mite be some good deals on the fr and cupras appearing!
Shash
New

Post by Shash »

check out the new car search on autotrader someone on there is offering 10% off an FR which is very tempting because I can't find any local second hand ones much cheaper than that!
spyke85
New

Post by spyke85 »

The Cupra doesn't have xenons due to the front mount intercooler getting in the way of the wash pipes for them.

I have an FR TDi Ibiza, and its an awesome little car!
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

hello mate, u done any mods u done to ur FR??
i have a 130 Sport but its 3 years old so is practically the same car as the FR barring some updated features like steering wheel stereo controls etc!