Looking for a Ibiza 99-02

Forum to discuss the Seat Ibiza
Biddle
Platinum Member

Looking for a Ibiza 99-02

Post by Biddle »

Hi guys in the not too distant future Im looking to purchase a 99-02 1.8 20V T Cupra 3d. Im basically just checking out whats availible at the moment but I was just wondering if theres anything major I should watch out for when buying this particular model. Im looking to buy the 156bhp model as I don't need the 180bhp model (Im coming from the 1.9 diesel polo so amy car seems fast :lol: ) So any input regarding issues to be aware of would be great. Cheers.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

This might be a very negative thing to say, but my daughter has an early 2002 Ibiza Chill - 1.4 8v, and when compared with a 1994 Fiesta its as rough as a badger's bottom. I know it will cost more, but why not try to go for an early 2002 > car as that one uses the Fabia/Polo platform and has nice things like clang free doors and a hydraulic clutch (but lots of other problems). I think that you will find that the differance is chalk/cheese and well worth the wait until more money turns up. Just an opinion - it was me that steered my daughter to that car - for the safety of buying a VAG product, but trim is fragile, wears through quickly and lots of plastic is very brittle, but on the plus side at low revs it can pull a lot better than the 1.4 16v in my wife's 2003 9N Polo.
Loopy-Chi
New

Post by Loopy-Chi »

hummm, my boyfriend has a 2001 mk3 ibiza cupra, and the only prob hes had with it so far is the clutch pedal snapping, on another note, his mate has the same car in the same year and hes had endless probs with his, think its because he got it revo'd....
Biddle
Platinum Member

Post by Biddle »

Sorry for me not following RUM4MO but your saying basically to avoid the 00-02 models. Also did you mean the early 02 models have lots of other problems or the 00-02? Sorry if Im confusing everyone.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Biddle wrote:Sorry for me not following RUM4MO but your saying basically to avoid the 00-02 models. Also did you mean the early 02 models have lots of other problems or the 00-02? Sorry if Im confusing everyone.
Sorry, but what I was meaning was that the Polo 9N/Ibiza 6L/Fabia all suffer from problems with the ARB - early ones had plastic collars - quite a big job to replace with newer type + full wheel alignment needed. Next problem is the TCA rear bushes - best replaced with Ibiza Cupra solid ones - once again full wheel alignment needed. Now if you buy an earlier 6L (ie the 02>) car and all this has been sorted out, then things should be a bit brighter. Or maybe you should get a Golf as it seems to be a "tougher" car. Maybe have a look on the Skoda forum (Briskoda.net) for further clues - I wish the Seat forum would start up again as it was very active - as the Skoda is.
Biddle
Platinum Member

Post by Biddle »

ok thanks for clearing that up mate. It will be a few more months yet before I actually buy something but I just want to get an idea of things before I start looking at a spefic car. Thanks again