choice of rims?

Forum to discuss the Seat Ibiza
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

choice of rims?

Post by shantybeater »

Hey people, this part of the forum is dead! so time to wake up and get some seat loving on the go!

I'm thinking of getting new rims but not sure what....i was thinking either 16" RS's for the deep dish look or just getting mine refurbed for more of a oem+ look.

Does anyone know if RS's come in 17" 4 stud?

Is there anyone out there?
M@Turner
Platinum Member

Post by M@Turner »

Been trawling through German Ebay and don't look like 17" RS's come in 4 stud!!

Personally i love the rims what are on at the minute!!! They suit the Beeza down to a tee.

If your wanting some deep dish alloys...what about Keskins?
dragon_green
Gold Member

Post by dragon_green »

I've heard that Keskins aren't very good quality, there was a thread on E38 this week, IIRC.

Compomotive?
Ollie_R
Sponsor

Post by Ollie_R »

BBS made 17" RS's in 5x100, I guess you could always go for adaptors, I think the code for them is RS301, and I *think* they made 17" RM's also in 5x100, since I remember seeing them on the Just Matz stands at various shows this year.

Other than that, I recommend some BBS LM's in 4x100, they're usually made for Bini's, but they also come in 17", and they look rather nice 8)
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

I love LM's but thought they were only in 5 stud??? and arent they ridiculously rare & expensive?

cheers for the help peeps, may just re-condition my current ones for the time being & get the turbo sorted!!!

Matt - arent Keskins quite small as well ?
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

i know about Keskins :roll:

if your after 17s then you could get the KT1, which come in 8.5j and 10j! in my eyes they could look a bit wide on the mk3 cupra.
if you get 16s, these come in 7.5j and 9j. i went for the 7.5j with an offset of 35 but these wouldn't clear the 288s on the front of my car :cry:
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

yeah my brembo's on the front are 288 i think so would have the same problem, i'll take a look at the keskins cheers mate!
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

i think that if u got the ET25 16s then they may be ok, 5mm spacers still wouldn't clear my brakes but i think 10mm would have done!

(10mm spacers on ET35= ET25)
Ollie_R
Sponsor

Post by Ollie_R »

Yep, they're definitely made in 4-stud James:

http://www.pictars.com/users/psi_glx/IMG_1858.JPG

I'm not sure on the price, but I reckon they're the same sort of price as a set of decent RS's. Give G Werks a ring, and see what sort of prices they are. I think they're now imported from Japan, since BBS have gone bust in Europe.
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

:shock: i want!! so bad, bad bwoy 17's and i could have the staggered look....sold!!!!!