My cupra (new IHI monster pg3 & dyno vid pg10)

Forum to discuss the Seat Ibiza
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by shantybeater »

yeah oval blueflame for the win on the cupra although i love the sound of the twin so not overly fussed for now..
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Hidden for the Polo is definitely best. Although I'd love a twin if I could get someone to plastic weld an arch in the bumper to house a twin so it doesn't sit so low, non of this hack a chunk out crap 8)
adam_0612
Gold Member

Post by adam_0612 »

pretty poor picture but all i could find really. Shows what i had done 2 my bumper for the twin.

It actually is quite smooth, doesnt look 2 great on the picture. Ill take another if i remember

shantybeater

Re: My cupra (new IHI monster pg3 & dyno vid pg10)

Post by shantybeater »

Well thought it was time to do a quick update,

- managed to buy another Cupra R handbrake, cost me a bloody arm & a leg!...Will be fitted this weekend..

- Bought some Hella clear rear lights :

- Ordered some foliatec red tinting spray which got here today, I will be either going half red half clear on the hellas or red all over (they are fairly horrible standard as expected!).

- I've been unsure of what id prefer, so I decided i'd give it a go on the standard lights & see if they come up well...then i will decide what to do with the hellas as they cost £130!
I've given them several light coats of spray, now need to wait about 24 hours before applying the clear laquer..

- Spent £300 on 4 second hand Special gauges getting shipped over from america, massive bargain believe it or not! - watch this space

- Have a few shiny bits & bobs for my engine bay, nothing big...just a start, it needs tidying up ALOT!...i might even take a photo of the end result if it looks ok!!
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Looking good mate! Yours project is much the same as mine at present, clean alot of sh*t up! I've had the tinnies out spraying the last couple of days. When ever I do it always reminds me of how i should've got a professional to do it lol.

Lights are looking good though! Will look great when you get going on the Hellas
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

your indicators are pink....haha

i do love your ibiza and as tim said is a good project
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

Well here's the result, (they havent been sanded/polished yet so will get a little more shiny)

Before:

After:

I do like them but plan on getting the hellas sorted half & half to see the outcome, unfortunately one of the screws has completely corroded on one of the fog lights so i've got to get it drilled out this week before i can line up the hellas to spray..

Also as tom pointed out my indicators & reverse lights went pink!! :S

So i bought some green bulbs off ebay for the indicators & the result (Left - after, right - before):

The pic doesnt show up the color difference well but they are now totally orange, although a little dimmer! Next up is debadging & dewipering rear & fitting of the Gauges, i'm also gonna have a go at color coding the bump strips (no point in doing them properly as they will eventually be totally smoothed out) :)
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Looking good mate! good call on the green bulbs.
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

cheers tim, if I can persuade tom we should def come up soon to make use of your video skills :)
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

shantybeater wrote:cheers tim, if I can persuade tom we should def come up soon to make use of your video skills :)
Yeh man, I've got the facitlities and the skills! Just need the time and a place
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

Few little bits arrived in the post:

My Gauge holder for the center cubby hole:

Bought some interior door trim off a crashed cupra, they suffer from the same peeling as the gti so i've sanded them down also used nail varnish remover to get the rubbery stuff off, waiting for priming & then either going gloss black or color coded metallic blue.

Finally my parcel arrived from the U.S with a further £70 owed for import fees!! :shock:

You are looking at over $1200 worth of gauges new though so ended up being a bargain for £350. I'm still hunting for an A/F gauge, Oil Temp & maybe water temp all to match (unfortunately not only are they special editon and as rare as fook, but they are also discontinued! so the hunt continues!! :S) The fuel press will be going though as I see little point in having it.

Got a few things i'm planning on ordering end of this week/next week including a dual nomad pillar pod holder for these beauties!, hellas are half sprayed waiting for more paint & i picked up a few jack covers as well..
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Nice mate. I'd go with gloss black on the interior parts.
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

Yeah. It's definately a safer option, I might try both as I need to get some blue paint from seat anyway for a few outside bits etc..,
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

go black please james....i feel blue will look tacky
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

ok I will do it black, glad you both clarified that for me! lol!

Another little update, got the boot debadged so its looking slicker now, just need to dewiper..