fan flattens battery

Forum to discuss the Seat Ibiza
D77
Bronze Member

fan flattens battery

Post by D77 »

My neighbour has an 02 plate 1.2 12v ibiza and one of the fans keeps running when the ign is turned off, only way to stop it is to unplug it at the multi plug. Have read the fault memories and there is a short to earth fault in the a/c the code was 00705 i think. there are two fans and it is the smaller one that wont stop, i have tried a fan control unit because i have had experieces where these fluff up but that didn't cure it. Any help would be great
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by shantybeater »

i'm pretty sure ibiza's suffer from faulty fan switches, best bet is to do a 'search' on seatcupra.net. You can replace the switch yourself quite easily
D77
Bronze Member

Post by D77 »

Is it located on the side of the radiator facing the engine on the passenger side, three pin triangle plug about 27mm?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I'd just check the Seat forums as advised already - I don't know if www.seatforum.net is the same as www.seatcupra.net either way these guys should help you quickly as these forums are quite active - you could always try the www.briskoda.net site as well but I don't know when Skoda started using this engine.