Just ordered my new polo at last

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Poloracer
Getting There!

Just ordered my new polo at last

Post by Poloracer »

Just been to the vw garage and just ordered a s model polo with metalic paint and key fob central locking. Got to wait 8 weeks for it but gives me lots of time to consider the tuning potential. Its got the 64ps engine but thats only staying for the three year service period. Im going to sort out a 2.0 Turbo from the new audi's, but this is in the future. For now im going to but my coilovers back on and slam it on Schmidt's TH Lines and put recaro's pole positions in. I do stainless steel and alloy welding myself so im going to make a half-cage and rear strut brace so my harness can be attatched to it, hoping to make some cages for sale? Also im going to add some R32 stuff like the pedals and the steering wheel. My original polo 9n is up for sale, its on a 52 plate with 16.000 miles on it, all original, in summer blue for £5000, anyone interested??????
Jillwilson
Silver Member

Post by Jillwilson »

Congragulations on your new car?
Which metallic colour did u go for?
x
Poloracer
Getting There!

Post by Poloracer »

silver bird
Poloracer
Getting There!

Post by Poloracer »

Has anybody else orderd the new polo?? If so which one and what are your plans for it?????
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

Poloracer wrote:Has anybody else orderd the new polo?? If so which one and what are your plans for it?????
veedub-ally has ordered the top of the range 130 TDI sport.... with options pushing the price to around £16k 8)
Jillwilson
Silver Member

Post by Jillwilson »

16k Thats insane lol.
carmadaaron

Post by carmadaaron »

Jillwilson wrote:16k Thats insane lol.
£16,500 to be exact :shock:
viceroy
Getting There!

Polo 2.0 Highline

Post by viceroy »

I've just ordered a new Polo 2.0 Highline in sunset red, should be arriving on thursday.

Oh, I'm in South Africa where we have different engine and spec ratings.
viceroy
Getting There!

Re: Polo 2.0 Highline

Post by viceroy »

viceroy wrote:I've just ordered a new Polo 2.0 Highline in sunset red, should be arriving on thursday.

Oh, I'm in South Africa where we have different engine and spec ratings.
The Dealer has just let me know that my car will be arriving at the showroom this afternoon

extras fitted are towbar, and 6disc frontloader.

future plans once the warrenty has expired are to maybe turbo it.
leonsmith
Bronze Member

Post by leonsmith »

Poloracer wrote:Has anybody else orderd the new polo?? If so which one and what are your plans for it?????
Nice to see this forum is still going, I haven't stopped by for probably 18 months now.....

I've just ordered the new Polo SE TDi 80 (5 dr) in metallic green to replace my 9N TDi Sport. This will be my 4th new VW and i'm finally ditching the 'Sport' or 'GTi' tag from my car. Guess that means i'll have a comfortable ride at last :-)

Should have it by the end of the month so might pop back with info.

Cheers,

Leon.
Mouse_GTI

Post by Mouse_GTI »

2.0 Polo sounds great to drive. 2.0T FSI sounds even better :D
canned_heat
New

Re: Just ordered my new polo at last

Post by canned_heat »

Poloracer wrote:Just been to the vw garage and just ordered a s model polo with metalic paint and key fob central locking. Got to wait 8 weeks for it but gives me lots of time to consider the tuning potential. Its got the 64ps engine but thats only staying for the three year service period. Im going to sort out a 2.0 Turbo from the new audi's, but this is in the future. For now im going to but my coilovers back on and slam it on Schmidt's TH Lines and put recaro's pole positions in. I do stainless steel and alloy welding myself so im going to make a half-cage and rear strut brace so my harness can be attatched to it, hoping to make some cages for sale? Also im going to add some R32 stuff like the pedals and the steering wheel. My original polo 9n is up for sale, its on a 52 plate with 16.000 miles on it, all original, in summer blue for £5000, anyone interested??????
I took delivery of my new 64ps 'S' in Silver Bird (great colour) at the beginning of April. Had the remote locking (good option as it gives you illuminated vanity mirrors and the independant front reading lights) and the front seat hight adjustment which is good because the front seats are much too high as standard!!! - mines basically SE spec minus the extra speakers and different rims.

Put 1100 miles on it now and it's starting to loosen up nicely - it hasn't had a particularly gentle running in though (vmaxed it (103mph on the GPS) with 80 miles on the clock :)) - the guy at the dealer said not to worry about softly softly rev limits and such but to just drive it 'normally'.