Polo 1.6 Sport - Coilovers Fitted

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
DavieC82
New

Re: My New Polo 1.6 Sport

Post by DavieC82 »

1.6 Sport owner here too :) Bought mine last June for £6000 with 16-ish thousand on the clock.

Not modded it at all really besides adding a Bluetooth stereo back in January, pretty much standard all over, but money permitting I'd like to get a few bits & bobs done on it.

Will post a pic or 2 once I've given it a wash! :lol:
nooge
New

Polo 1.6 Sport - New Wheels Ordered

Post by nooge »

So seeing as I get paid this week I saw it fit to order myself some new wheels. I have wanted to get new wheels since I got the car and I 'm hoping I'll have a nice (hopefully rare on a 9N3) combo on my hands. Anyway went for cast Rotiform BLQ in 5x100 17" 8J all round as I've always been a fan of this wheel. Should be taking delivery this week but these won't be on my car until the snow and grit go away!
Lucaio
Bronze Member

Re: Polo 1.6 Sport - New Wheels Ordered

Post by Lucaio »

nooge wrote:So seeing as I get paid this week I saw it fit to order myself some new wheels. I have wanted to get new wheels since I got the car and I 'm hoping I'll have a nice (hopefully rare on a 9N3) combo on my hands. Anyway went for cast Rotiform BLQ in 5x100 17" 8J all round as I've always been a fan of this wheel. Should be taking delivery this week but these won't be on my car until the snow and grit go away!
Good choice! I love the BLQ's!!
How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? I was looking to get a set myself but for the prices I was seeing I changed my mind.
nooge
New

Post by nooge »

They were £599 for four wheels delivered from Rotiform UK without tyres. But I will be transferring my tyres across as they are nearly new and will fit with a slight stretch 8)
Lucaio
Bronze Member

Post by Lucaio »

nooge wrote:They were £599 for four wheels delivered from Rotiform UK without tyres. But I will be transferring my tyres across as they are nearly new and will fit with a slight stretch 8)
Oh, that's not too bad then. When I gave a quick look at them (at the US sites) they were all like $1000+, guess I didn't do a good job of shopping around.
nooge
New

1.6 Sport - New Wheels Ordered

Post by nooge »

Yeah man, I'll let you know how they are to do business with. What you thinking of getting?
Lucaio
Bronze Member

Post by Lucaio »

Nice one.
Still undecided on what rims to go for, but if I went Rotiform it would have to be the 17" BLQs.
I do like the look of the Montreal IIs and the Audi Comps though.
nooge
New

Post by nooge »

So far had brilliant service from Rotiform UK, I ordered yesterday and they are going to be delivered today which is great considering the delivery is included in the cost. Going to feel like a kid at Christmas when I get home today! :D
nooge
New

Re: Polo 1.6 Sport - Coilovers Fitted

Post by nooge »

As the thread title says I managed to acquire some second hand (and well looked after) AP coilovers last week and spent a majority of saturday fitting them. I've chosen to go very low as I think it complements the votex kit and bluemotion splitter - I know it wont do wonders for handling but I'm never going to track it. Will get some pictures up after I sync my phone later or you can have a look on instagram @ slam_alex

Next task is get tyres fitted on the Rotiform's and get them on for show season!
Lucaio
Bronze Member

Post by Lucaio »

Can't wait for pics with the lows and BLQs!
nooge
New

Post by nooge »

A few pics from instagram - a proper shoot will come around once I'm back from holiday!

Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Post by Yeahhluke »

Looks awesome, really like this! Looking forward to the Rotiforms too
matt_123
Gold Member

Post by matt_123 »

Looks great mate. where are the BLQs ???? how far did you go down on the front?? im about 4 turns from the bottom on my AP's .. and the rear spring is just on its own at the back.

loving the bluemotion front though makes me want to ditch my LCR one although it scrapes like a b***h so don't know if could deal with scratching paint... :roll:

did you get the BMC induction kit?
nooge
New

Post by nooge »

Yeahhluke wrote:Looks awesome, really like this! Looking forward to the Rotiforms too
Cheers buddy - I honestly can't wait either!
matt_123 wrote:Looks great mate. where are the BLQs ???? how far did you go down on the front??
Was waiting until my insurance renewed to declare everything at once and still save a boatload of money so they've been sitting in my room staring at me everyday hah! Will be fitted just after holiday as I can transfer my tyres over :)

As far as coilovers are concerned I'm one thread from the bottom on the fronts and adjusters removed in rear. Rides really well considering and handles like a dream, only issue is the anti-roll bar rubbing a little at low speed even with short drop links.
matt_123
Gold Member

Post by matt_123 »

I have got shortened drop links ready to fit as slammed it all way to bottom on the front got some weird noises and rubs 8) so raised it back up till I fit the drop links. You find you needed to fit the drop links ? They make a difference? As what could stop the driveshaft from rubbing if drop links don't stop it??

Any other performance mods planned??