Polo 1.6 Sport - Coilovers Fitted

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
nooge
New

Polo 1.6 Sport - Coilovers Fitted

Post by nooge »

Just picked up my new 9N3 1.6 Polo Sport and I'm thrilled with it! I believe it was previously owned by another member of the forum (shaun9n3) and have to say it was very well looked after and spotless all over. I'll definitely have to take and upload some photos soon! Did a quick search on the forum and there doesn't seem to be many 1.6 sports around? Anyway, thrilled to bits with my purchase.
Last edited by nooge on Tue May 07, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russell9n3
New

Re: My New Polo 1.6 Sport

Post by Russell9n3 »

Hi i've got one an very much enjoyed owning it. Looking to upgrade to a Gti now though, out of interest if you don't mind me asking how much you payed for it on what mileage. Trying to gauge what price area to set mine at.
nooge
New

Post by nooge »

Yeah I'd love a GTI but I'll wait a while so I can afford the insurance! Well the car has only done around 24,000 miles considering it is an '06 plate, so that made it fairly expensive. Payed 5000 for it from a garage, but I was willing to pay that because I saw it and fell in love with the look of it. Ended up getting them to tax and mot it for a year as well which is always good. Have you done anything to your Sport then or left it standard?
Russell9n3
New

Post by Russell9n3 »

That's fair, seems like a good buy. I did a few mods, coilovers, bigger wheels, spacers, k&n induction kit an a splitter. Loved it, its back to standard ready to sell now though. Enjoy your car anyways pal.
nooge
New

Post by nooge »

Just thought I'd list what the car has done to it, all was done by the previous owner shaun9n3. It has a bluemotion front splitter, votex bodykit (sides and rear), VW Siata 17" wheels and GTI headlights. It is currently on standard 9N3 Sport coillies but wouldn't mind lowering it a bit more. Think I'll dewiper the rear as well, just need to get a bung for it. How does the K&N kit fit on this engine because the standard airbox is stuck right above it? Considering a performance panel filter instead. Advice/suggestions welcome!
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

get some pics up mate
nooge
New

Post by nooge »

Just a quick picture of my car in the driveway taken on my iPhone 4S. Much better shots will follow from my DSLR when I find a decent place to have a photoshoot! Now I just need to get to 10 posts so they don't have to be reviewed each time. Feedback/comments welcome as always!

nooge
New

Post by nooge »

Here's a few photos from a mini shoot I did with a friend earlier..

tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

nice mate
nooge
New

Post by nooge »

Can anyone recommend a performance panel filter? Considering a K&N but I'm aware there are others out there, cheers!
matt_123
Gold Member

Post by matt_123 »

Hey
Im a fellow 1.6 owner too :P lol not many of us on here!
used to know of shaun9n3 aswell, just need it lowered on coils and its looking smart! I used to run a KnN panel filter but then just gave in to temtation with a bmc dia induction kit gives the engine a real nice note. are you planning on any engine mods??
nooge
New

Post by nooge »

Did some work on my car today, now has Lamin-x yellow fogs, de-wipered the rear and fitted blue interior lights throughout - photos to follow. Been having some nice runs on the parkways around Peterborough and I'm fairly impressed with the performance. I mean it's never going to give a GTI anything to worry about, but it certainly pulls well through to even the higher revs. Yes I definitely think coilies are on my future shopping list as well as an induction kit! I have some blue caliper paint as well but not sure how I feel about that, feedback/comments guys!
nooge
New

Post by nooge »

matt_123 wrote:bmc dia induction kit gives the engine a real nice note
Which BMC kit did you buy mate? Can't find one listed for our 1.6 16v Polo.. cheers
nooge
New

Post by nooge »

Little 2 minute mess around on photoshop and came out with this.. I need coilies asap!

matt_123
Gold Member

Post by matt_123 »

Its the universal filter that bmc sell then buy a 90 degree elbow to go on to the throttle body and the jobs a goodun , oh and a oil breather filter too.

http://www.regals-motorsport.co.uk/filt ... 5-150.html

that one mate.