9N3 GTi k04 hybrid track car

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Re: 9N3 GTi k04 hybrid track car

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

Great build and determination.

Good luck with the rest of your project and look forward to seeing more updates. :mrgreen:
S44mvp
Getting There!

Post by S44mvp »

thanks mate, im in nurburgring atm but ill be fitting the oil cooler when im home =)
Crippin
Bronze Member

Post by Crippin »

weapon.
S44mvp
Getting There!

Post by S44mvp »

Crippin wrote:weapon.
Lol we will see mate =) I have the oil cooler fitted so il post some pics when I'm on my laptop
sam_vw
Bronze Member

Post by sam_vw »

need a love button on this forum.

top work mate, ideally this is the way id like mine to go but currently a daily so waiting until next year to start the serious stripping out.

any idea what power/torque she will be running when its fully rebuilt and running etc? mines currently stage 2 and im seriously considering a diff, good difference with it in?
Dels_concept_gti
New

Post by Dels_concept_gti »

:D mate this engine build is epic carnt imagine how much poke you have chucked at this build great work buddy hats off to ya would love a video of the beast going :twisted: keep up the crazy work :lol:
S44mvp
Getting There!

Post by S44mvp »

sam_vw wrote:need a love button on this forum.

top work mate, ideally this is the way id like mine to go but currently a daily so waiting until next year to start the serious stripping out.

any idea what power/torque she will be running when its fully rebuilt and running etc? mines currently stage 2 and im seriously considering a diff, good difference with it in?
Thanks mate =) should be roughly 330bhp I'd imagine and maybe around the same with torque, it will be mapped for drivability on track so very linear. I haven't driven it with the diff yet but I do recommend one, I've driven other cars with a quaife atb LSD and the cornering grip is highly noticeable
Dels_concept_gti wrote::D mate this engine build is epic carnt imagine how much poke you have chucked at this build great work buddy hats off to ya would love a video of the beast going :twisted: keep up the crazy work :lol:
Thanks mate, there's a couple of track videos in the video section on here from when it was stage 2
Dels_concept_gti
New

awsome build mate absolutly epic the amount off time effort sweat tears and not to mensiion £££££ in this build is unreal keep it up mate as u have had the car engine in bits a few times....... i was woundering if you could help with an issue I have water "leak" its using quiet abit tbf and the light flashs at me : | so I get out look at the expansion bottle to see its nearly empty : \ as soon as i remove the cap hot slowly obvs lol the bottle fills back to max also dose this when its cold and stays there so i carnt top it up ...I have had 4 people look at it and nobody can tell me whats going on annoying had a coolant pressure test done we put 10bar in the system and it didn't move so he tells me if it had a leak it would show on the gauge buy loosing pressure iv changed the expansion bottle and cap as was told mine was fooked but still the problems there I really hope somebody can help me out before a trip to VW £££££££ in live in Bradford west Yorkshire if somebody would be kind enough to sort this
S44mvp
Getting There!

Post by S44mvp »

Dels_concept_gti wrote:awsome build mate absolutly epic the amount off time effort sweat tears and not to mensiion £££££ in this build is unreal keep it up mate as u have had the car engine in bits a few times....... i was woundering if you could help with an issue I have water "leak" its using quiet abit tbf and the light flashs at me : | so I get out look at the expansion bottle to see its nearly empty : \ as soon as i remove the cap hot slowly obvs lol the bottle fills back to max also dose this when its cold and stays there so i carnt top it up ...I have had 4 people look at it and nobody can tell me whats going on annoying had a coolant pressure test done we put 10bar in the system and it didn't move so he tells me if it had a leak it would show on the gauge buy loosing pressure iv changed the expansion bottle and cap as was told mine was fooked but still the problems there I really hope somebody can help me out before a trip to VW £££££££ in live in Bradford west Yorkshire if somebody would be kind enough to sort this
It sounds like the system could be over pressurising, does it happen more often if you boot the car or does it have the same affects if you drive it normally?
Dels_concept_gti
New

goood point never really realised tbf but i would say i like to boooost :) dont we all but i have been taking it easy as shes poorly : / i going to have a look tnyt before its supose to go to vw :/
S44mvp
Getting There!

Post by S44mvp »

Dels_concept_gti wrote:goood point never really realised tbf but i would say i like to boooost :) dont we all but i have been taking it easy as shes poorly : / i going to have a look tnyt before its supose to go to vw :/
Will talk in the other thread dude =)
Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Post by Endi_GTI »

Awesome build man. What gearbox are you currently running. Still the standard 02R?
S44mvp
Getting There!

Post by S44mvp »

Endi_GTI wrote:Awesome build man. What gearbox are you currently running. Still the standard 02R?
Thanks =) 02J with a quaife atb lsd
Dels_concept_gti
New

hi mate looking into upgrading the turbo on mine when my FMIC and de-cat turns up what would you advise with standerd internals dont want massive silly BHP like you :D
just want it to spike abit more little more torque what would you say K04 ???
S44mvp
Getting There!

Post by S44mvp »

Standard internal will take around 300bhp and torque but I'd go to 280 to be safe. K03s hybrid is the easiest way to get that power now as it's all bolt on