Need some advice please

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
GTi_Red
Silver Member

Need some advice please

Post by GTi_Red »

Hi, I've recently been thinking of selling up around July next year but have quite I few things for and on my car such as
Fitted: LCR brembos, miltek non res cat back, K&n 57i, jvc double din, sub, bbs dune alloys, Polly bushes
To be fitted: H&R 35mm springs, tt comps, 256mm rears and timing belt kit and water pump.
Basically I'm asking what you all think is best to do put it back to standard or leave some bits on
Any help appreciated
Cheers
boredcol
New

Re: Need some advice please

Post by boredcol »

Interested in the 256mm rears if your thinking of selling :-)
boredcol
New

Post by boredcol »

Hi Gti-red
I can't reply to you pm as I am a new member and will not let me until I have participated more. If u can pm me your email, I'll get back to you.
Cheers
Col
X_S60TTY
New

Post by X_S60TTY »

Normally modified cars can be harder to sell and command less money than a standard model, there will always be exceptions i.e. if the person looking for the car would probably do the mods anyway and if you have receipts for the mods and if they were done at a reputable garage, but generally you would probably be better off taking it back to standard and selling, you can sell the parts and the car can fetch the same if not a little bit more money.
Tony Boi 92
Silver Member

Post by Tony Boi 92 »

I would have brakes for right price ;)
boredcol
New

Post by boredcol »

Hi Red

I cannot reply to the pm as i am a new member
GTi_Red
Silver Member

Post by GTi_Red »

Tony Boi 92 wrote:I would have brakes for right price ;)
By all means but won't be selling until around April time, pm me your mobile number maybe we can do some swapping at some point?
Last edited by GTi_Red on Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTi_Red
Silver Member

Post by GTi_Red »

X_S60TTY wrote:Normally modified cars can be harder to sell and command less money than a standard model, there will always be exceptions i.e. if the person looking for the car would probably do the mods anyway and if you have receipts for the mods and if they were done at a reputable garage, but generally you would probably be better off taking it back to standard and selling, you can sell the parts and the car can fetch the same if not a little bit more money.
Cheers,
I'm going to put it back to standard and just sell everything bar the timing belt kit and fit that
X_S60TTY
New

Post by X_S60TTY »

Yeh plus if its got the belt on you can put that in the advert, it all adds up when your selling a car bud
X_S60TTY
New

Post by X_S60TTY »

Just had a look at the build on your car and would be interested in the honeycomb lower grills
GTi_Red
Silver Member

Post by GTi_Red »

X_S60TTY wrote:Yeh plus if its got the belt on you can put that in the advert, it all adds up when your selling a car bud
Cheers and the grills I forgot about them hah yeah no worries around April time yeah still enjoying the car atm
X_S60TTY
New

Post by X_S60TTY »

How come your selling up then mate, I sold a GT86 for my little beast :-) and im well chuffed apartfrom the money I save goes back into the car on mods ha
GTi_Red
Silver Member

Post by GTi_Red »

X_S60TTY wrote:How come your selling up then mate, I sold a GT86 for my little beast :-) and im well chuffed apartfrom the money I save goes back into the car on mods ha
Because I'm 20 in jan so can insure something a bit bigger and will of had it 2 years July and ive been saving like mad. I'm in the army so was going to go down the sensible for traveling and going to get an a5 3.0 tdi but then decided sensible is boring so now going to get a 135i coupe (the only bmw I will ever like. Everything else is rats) reason being its 3.0 twin turbo, maps straight to 380bhp and has 6pot brembos front and 2pot rear standard
X_S60TTY
New

Post by X_S60TTY »

Fair does, I kind of needed a happy medium between quick and economical and unassuming. the new m135 is a nice motor abd isnt too over the top
GTi_Red
Silver Member

Post by GTi_Red »

I don't like the new 1 series tbh it's ugly and my mate has the 120d it goes well twin turbo 180bhp but I'm not a fan of rather an rs3