Polo GTi recalled for what?!

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
srh007
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTi 2006

Polo GTi recalled for what?!

Post by srh007 »

Hi there everybody.

I have been reading through the recent thread about which GTi's were recalled for the replacement oil change in the Gearbox. One if the informative posts said to look in the spare wheel compartment for a service sticker with a certain recall number on.

I looked for this and did not find it so I think I need to phone my local dealer to ask if it's been done? Does that seem logical?

Whilst I was looking however, I found this service recall label and Googled the code, however, Google was unable to find what the recall was, so I am wondering if anybody on here could kindly help me out :-)

Picture of label is posted below.

Thanks so much.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/73fteqblu94jx ... .47.18.jpg

Dom_
Silver Member

Re: Polo GTi recalled for what?!

Post by Dom_ »

Do you have heated seats? I'm sure there was a recall on some to do with wiring
srh007
Getting There!

Post by srh007 »

Hi there,

Many thanks for the super quick response!

Yes, I do have heated leather, so maybe that's it?

She is a 2006 model and I am wondering if she has had the recall on the gearbox oil or maybe the coilpacks, I don't suppose you would happen to know if she should have had them done because of her year do you?

Thanks so much :-)
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Apparently 24T6 was a software update to resolve an isolated issue which would prevent the engine restarting when hot
srh007
Getting There!

Post by srh007 »

alexperkins wrote:Apparently 24T6 was a software update to resolve an isolated issue which would prevent the engine restarting when hot
Wow! Thanks for the great knowledge, I had Googled and couldn't find anything so that's great to know it wasn't something catastrophic.

I phoned up my dealer and asked about the service history and if it was due a recall on either Coilpacks or Gearbox Oil, she said that the Coilpacks had been replaced in 2011 but not Gearbox Oil recall was due or had been done.

Does this seem correct from everybody's experience? I wasn't sure because I thought all early GTi's had had to have got it changed?

Does this seem a bit dodgy or am I stressing out over nothing :D

Many thanks again for everybody's replies :D
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by whitegtipolo »

Just Change the gear oil anyway with the new vw stuff anyway it's not expensive and I can do it for you if u live near my garage based in Burnley
srh007
Getting There!

Post by srh007 »

Haha!

Many thanks for your kind offer mate, unfortunately, I live in West Wales, so a bit too much of a trek for me :roll:

Thanks though for your helpful advice. Do you happen to know what kind of VW Standard I need for the Gearbox oil? I will also be doing a normal service at the same time... Does anybody have any suggestions for a "good" oil that will work well with the car?

Many thanks!
Scotland4jimbo
New
Drives: 9n3 gti candy white

Post by Scotland4jimbo »

I still have this sticker in my engine bay...

Anyone else use castrol?? I'm due a service in October and was thinking of using this as that's what the previous owner swore by...

Cheers James ...