2007 Polo 1.4 Electric Passenger Window Intermittent Problem

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Esgobion
New
Drives: Polo 1.4 petrol 80

Re: 2007 Polo 1.4 Electric Passenger Window Intermittent Pro

Post by Esgobion »

Ok I recleaned several times but no joy. In the end I took the car to main dealer who pulled out the left door flange female connector and found broken a broken wire and further corrosion behind the connector body itself. Car is now being sorted by them and work comes with 2 year warranty.

This should fix the problem. I won't post again unless there are further issues
Adamp
New
Drives: Polo 1.4 auto hatchback

Re: 2007 Polo 1.4 Electric Passenger Window Intermittent Problem

Post by Adamp »

Has this Windows problem been resolved? I have spent several months on and off trying to get the Windows moving up and down continuously. After changing the window Ecu the Windows so etimes start working normally, maybe for a few minutes or even a few hours. Then they pack up again. I have checked all the wires in the loom. I have cleaned and lubricated all connectors to door pillar and all items in door. Have changed the door module. Have swapped the CCM for another unit. What ether I do the fault recurs. The passenger window operates from its switch if I prime it with the passenger door lock, but then stops working too after driving a bit. When it works everything is normal. But only for a short time. I have tried the battery disconnection tricks to reset the CCM and Ecu, but makes no difference. I even have a second CCM, which makes no difference. Same intermittent working. Seems should be a connection problem, or perhaps the CCMs, both of them? Are misbehaving. Is there some reset trick I am missing? The vag readout provides no faults codes. Next idea is to try a replacement loom, but I have checked the existing one again and again. Each time I get it to work is by disconnecting and reconnecting the windo motor and its Ecu, but then it fails again....Very frustrating! Any suggestions, solutions?
vam 22
New
Drives: Polo Match 60

Post by vam 22 »

hi i have the same problem with my polo 9n3. have you solved your problem.
Ev996sps
New
Drives: 1.2s

Post by Ev996sps »

I have your problem,,,4 days checking like you,pass window works only if you open and lock the pass door with the key,but only will work from the pass door switch,,or disconnect the motor briefly,,,for 10 mins or so,,my windows won't roll up with the key,,have the panel off at the moment,bought a new drivers switch,pass motor,,which is the wrong one,,,but have read that most problems like this stem from the drivers door lock module,,,which looks a pain to do,window out ect,,,next on the list,,The wires between both door are ok,l unpicked all the tape off them plugs out,they look fine,,driving me mad,want to put it on sale as I deal in vw , but can't like this,,,help,,,,regards everett kirk.
Ev996sps
New

Post by Ev996sps »

Did you sort it mines is the same,tried most things like you,replaced the door lock module drivers a side,even though the fault is the pass side,as I'm told the window roll up,,and interior switch lock problems stem from it,I've had everything out of the drivers door,still can't fix it,have a spare motor and twin door switch,door module is in a milo bits so I'll bin that,any tip would be helpful,before I strip the pass door,,,,,,cheers,ev. everett996sps@aol.com
Ev996sps
New

Post by Ev996sps »

Any answer anyone : :|
Ev996sps
New

Post by Ev996sps »

Anyone.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ev996sps
New

Post by Ev996sps »

Esgobion wrote:Hi guys!

Just bought the above car for my daughter as a first vehicle and totally love it. I have just one niggle that I am working on, and that is the electric window on the passenger side.

I have trawled the forum and have seen lots of electric window issues, along with pointers on how to fix. Have tried just about all of it but am still not getting it resolved.

The issue is as follows:

1. There is a dual switch on the drivers side for operating the electric windows. The right side window works 100% of the time. This is all good
2. The dual switch on the drivers side does not operate the left window whatsoever. I have replaced the switch today with an aftermarket part thinking that maybe some water had got into the switch and corroded it. No difference. Still doesn't work. So now I have a spare switch :)
3. There is a single switch in the passenger door. When I first picked up the car this was also not working.

OK so many people suggest whipping off the rubber gaitor in the door hinge and checking for breaks/shorts/corrosion. I did this on the left door panel (The lowest connector is the one that operates the electric window, and this is the same on the right side of the door panel as well as far as I can ascertain) and I did notice some greeny blue residue around the top of the connector block. I cleaned this up with vinegar, dried off and applied some WD40. Guess what? The left window switch started to work!...but it was intermittent. If I took the connector off, wiggled it, and put it back in it would work for a short while, then stop again. I have done this a few times but it isn't lasting very long.

I have also whipped off the right hand side door frame gaitor and cleaned up the free end connectors, there wasn't much in the way of any corrosion in these connectors but I cleaned them anyway.

I am assuming that this is an electrical problem of some kind. I can get both windows to work but not consistently (and I have failed to get the drivers side switch to operate the passenger side) so am guessing that its nothing to do with regulators or motors etc.

I was wondering perhaps if there was some corrosion behind the fixed end connectors held within the doorframe on either the passenger or drivers side? I don't really want to strip down any door panels but I would love to sort this problem out.

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

By the way I also buzzed out the top connectors on both door panels and noticed on both sides that the two wires were at zero ohms i.e. connected. Not sure if this is of relevance.

Many thanks.
Did you sort it i cant sort mine..2 motor.s 1 door module later..and 2 weeks same fault..07949101159..

alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Continually posting on this wont prompt a reply

I would look into changing the door wiring loom to the body before you do anything further.
Ev996sps
New

Post by Ev996sps »

alexperkins wrote:Continually posting on this wont prompt a reply

I would look into changing the door wiring loom to the body before you do anything further.
Have removed both of them no breaks...[emoji31]

alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Do some continuity testing with a multimeter on Ohms (resistance) and check there are no rogue values between the chassis plug and the window and door lock plugs
Ev996sps
New

Post by Ev996sps »

alexperkins wrote:Do some continuity testing with a multimeter on Ohms (resistance) and check there are no rogue values between the chassis plug and the window and door lock plugs
Thanks ill dig in again...just to add..if i open the pas door with the key..then get in car..window will work from its switch fine.'till i lock and return 10 mins later.not work...windows wont roll up with the key..either..its maddening..thanks..ev.50yrs motor trade..

Stevyfla
New
Drives: 06 Polo

Post by Stevyfla »

Old thread, but in case anyone else is struggling with this as I was, and only recently resolved. My brothers car showed the same symptoms, passenger window not opening using the passenger or driver door switches, but would work for 5 minutes if the passenger door loom was disconnected and reconnected.

I started trouble shooting by replacing the switches in both doors, bought genuine switches form scrap yards on eBay, no change.

I then disconnected the wiring looms from each door at the A pilars. The passenger door was perfect but the drivers car showed significant corrosion as the gator had been removed previously and not refitted correctly. There was a nice bit of water in the electrical fittings. One of the wires in the 21 pin plug cane away in my hand (at point 20 I believe) but before I could fix the broken wire I made the mistake of closing the drivers door with the loom hanging loose, smashing the 21 pin plug (relevance will become apparent later). Instead of replaceing the one broken wire it was one whole second hand wiring loom later and still no improvement for passenger window.

I read on a forum somewhere that a faulty drivers door lock could cause this issue, seemed far fetched but I picked up a cheap non-OEM door lock and fitted it as a last resort, no improvement.

Lots of forum diving and reading later I decided to take another look at the A Pilar connectors, I found that pin 11 on the drivers door A Pilar 21 pin socket (the socket fixed to the A Pilar, the damaged plug from earlier plugs into) was very loose, likely damaged from all the plunging and unplugging and while examining the plug side, wire 20 came away from the plug, badly corroded (this was my replacement loom but for some reason the exact same wire as earlier had come away in my hand)

Still in possession of the old damaged loom, I had a bright idea, replace the corroded connecter in the replacement loom with a good connector form the old loom. I started to pull apart the plug on the old loom and had my ‘eureka’ moment. As I examined the connector piece of the broken wire 20 remaining in the plug I spotted that the pin it connected into was still in it, i.e. the male pin from the A Pilar socket had broken off and was still lodged in female connector in the plug from the door loom. Sure enough, when I checked pin 20 on the A Pilar, the pin was missing. To make an already very long story short, the replacement wiring loom never made a connection to the car at pin 20 as the pin was long gone, corroded into the old loom.

A quick trip to VW and a whole €6 later, I had two replacement pins for the A Pilar socket. It was fiddly but you can release the socket into the car and working in the footwell I was able to replace the missing pin 20 and the loose pin 11. I then replaced the corroded connector in the door loom plug, where the wire going to Pin 20 had broken free, with a salvaged length of wire and associated connector from my broken loom. Once plugged back together the passenger window started to function immediately from both switches and has remained working for over a month now, Problem solved!!!!!

Remember my fault was in the drivers door A Pilar, not the passenger side, so while your fault may not be the same as mine, don’t just focus on the passenger door, the feed from the drivers side plays an obviously important role. I didn’t know it at the time, but smashing the original loom was a blessing in disguise, I don’t think i’d have ever noticed the missing pin otherwise. So ends a year long battle, man 1 polo 0 !!!!
khaled.mouici
New

Post by khaled.mouici »

Hi,did any one sort out the passenger door window,i do have the same problem!my passenger window works only when i open passenger door with key and then thewindow works from its switch for about 10mns and then it stops,i trayed everything but nothing new!!