A slight shudder on tick over. Problem??

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Ladleboy
New
Drives: 2006 1.2 SE

A slight shudder on tick over. Problem??

Post by Ladleboy »

Afternoon guys

First post on this forum so please be gentle. Bought my boy his first car, a 2006 Polo 1.2 SE perrol. The car has done 103000 miles and hasn't been serviced for over a year. Start up is very sluggish and on tick over there's clearly a misfire of some kind. The plastic cover in the engine shakes. As you push the acceleration pedal there is a slight delay until the car revs. It sounds like it's struggling to get its first lot of fuel into it. Driving is fine with no loss of power or issues. I have had new plugs and coil packs fitted as a mobile mechanic said that cylinder three was misfiring which hasn't really solved the problem.

Is there an obvious issue that you experts think it might be?? It is having a full service with a fuel filter etc replaced on Thursday. Hopefully that might sort it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Shaun
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: A slight shudder on tick over. Problem??

Post by RUM4MO »

For some reason there does not seem to be much in the way of discussions of that engine's nasty ways on this forum, so try the Skoda one as there is a wealth of useful knowledge there on that engine to tap into, or just browse and see what a search turns up - forum is found at www.briskoda.net I joined there back in maybe 2004 and I've never ever had a car with a Skoda badge on it!