Polo 9n3 Window Motor

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
haaris
New
Drives: 9n3

Polo 9n3 Window Motor

Post by haaris »

Hi Guys,

I have a real problem and its driving me insane, as its my mums car and i really need it sorting.

I have a intermittent issue with the windows in my car, non of them work 90% of the time at least.

Occasionally they will work for a very short time but then they go dead again. i think the issue is with the drivers door window motor as this is the master and the rest are slaves, the part number on mine is 6Y1959801A, this part is virtually impossible to get on eBay there plenty of part numbers without the A on the end one of which i tried and the rears didn't work.

Its really frustrating as it seems from talking to VW that the part number must be exactly the same theres plenty of 6Q... but no 6Y ending with A.

Has anyone else experienced this issue as the dealers want 185.00 for the part, which seems a bit steep.

I have even found 58 plate blue motions breaking but they were the wrong part numbers too.

thanks for your time
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Polo 9n3 Window Motor

Post by alexperkins »

The part number is specific and has to be a like for like swap

There is a number of topics on the net talking about a replacement capacitor and relay on the control module for the window motor which generally resolves this, but it depends how hand you are with a soldering iron.
haaris
New
Drives: 9n3

Re: Polo 9n3 Window Motor

Post by haaris »

UPDATE...

I followed a thread on t4 forums and off a act512 relay and capacitor these were professionally installed.... upon install the windows worked fine until over night where they are now dead again.....

I have any electrician check the wiring and all is well and I have replaced the relay and capacitor any help would be appreciated greatly...