Modifications

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
tomomkIV
New
Drives: 2009 Polo 9n3 1.4TDI

Modifications

Post by tomomkIV »

Hi all.

Am new to this modifying scene and need some guidance. I am in a rather large dilemma. I am cuurently looking into getting a side exit exhaust that only sticks out around an inch and a half, how much attention would this get from police? :mrgreen: Am 17 and not sure i would be able to afford to declare it.... are there any mods that wouldn't attract police attention? Things such as the gti headlights, matt black badges and new seats (was looking at cobra monaco pro seats) etc.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Modifications

Post by SRGTD »

Hi tomomkIV.

Sorry, I can’t answer your question on how much attention you’re likely to get from the police if you modify your car and have a side exit exhaust fitted. However, if you do go ahead with this, it is important to declare it to your insurer, along with any other modifications you make, otherwise you could invalidate your insurance. Your insurer will have written a requirement into the small print of their insurance policy that you tell them of any modifications you make. The act of failing to declare modifications can be construed as insurance fraud (obtaining insurance without declaring all the facts relevant to the insurer’s assessment of the insurance risk), and this is a criminal offence.

Depending on what modifications you make, your insurer may charge you extra premium and with the fairly sizeable premiums that insurance companies require from young drivers, IMO you’d be better off waiting a year or two until you’ve got some no claims discount to reduce your premium before you consider starting to modify your car.