Looking to replace a RCD200 unit in a 2008 polo

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
SamJRogers
New
Drives: Polo 2008 TDI Bluemotion 1.4

Looking to replace a RCD200 unit in a 2008 polo

Post by SamJRogers »

Hi all,

i'm looking to replace a RCD200 unit in a polo 2008. My main reason is so I can get a USB port, which I can plug my iPhone into. My Bluetooth solution doesn't work wonderful and I get a lot of interference.

Looking on Amazon/Ebay, theres loads of radios and 2 din systems which look great, however theres so many I don't know which one would be best. Ideally i'd love one that would fit into the hole and not need any facia, however I don't know if this is possible? If not then i've also seen that there are many facias that claim to be for the 2008 polo, however reviews say other wise!?

Hope someones already done this and can give me an idea / recommend a radio system to replace my old RCD200.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Looking to replace a RCD200 unit in a 2008 polo

Post by alexperkins »

You dont need a fascia on a 2008 (9N3) polo as its already a double din slot

However, its not a standard double din, so needs a cage and the trim that comes with the radio to be fitted to it

Depending on what your looking for theres alot of choice. The Pioneer SPH-DA120 is a very good choice if you want to be able to use carplay (iphone) for maps, music etc.

What are you looking for from your radio?
SamJRogers
New
Drives: Polo 2008 TDI Bluemotion 1.4

Re: Looking to replace a RCD200 unit in a 2008 polo

Post by SamJRogers »

Hi there,

thanks for the reply, sorry its taken me ages to get back to you.

The SPH-DA120 looks fantastic, and would be a very good choice, however i'm not too sure i'd need something so expensive. I mainly use the radio for listening to music from my iPhone, at the moment I have a bluetooth system plugged into the back of the original RCD200 radio, its ok but not very reliable.

I also only have the standard 2 speakers in the front doors on my Polo, so am also looking to replace them and also get some more speakers for the rear doors. I wondered if anyone also has some preferences as far as what speakers I can easily use?

This is my first car as i've only passed my driving test 3 months ago, i'm also only 17, so cars are very new to me as far as getting my hands dirty and changing things. I'm keen to make the radio and speakers better, but I am hoping for some help with people out there on this forum who can give their expertise and experience to help me.