Fault codes (P118D) - possible o2 sensor

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Rhys
New
Drives: 2007 1.4

Fault codes (P118D) - possible o2 sensor

Post by Rhys »

Hi guys, new on here so any help and advice is greatly appreciated, not long had a 2007 1.4 petrol polo. On my way home this evening my car died (cut out) and the engine management light came on and then struggled starting, then a weird sound from the engine, sounding off balance, thought maybe misfire at first. Mainly blipping the throttle or 2000-2500 rpm. I got my mate to pop round as he has a generic code reader and got 6 codes: P0OBE, P3EB8 and P118D (not sure about 0’s and o’s) but all said “undefined code” after, the last 3 were all the same but had “pd” after them. I then took it for a drive with him following me as he cleared the codes, shortly on the road test, the light came back on and apparently was smoking (out the exhaust).Had a quick look, could possibly be O2 sensor 2? If anyone has had this or knows what this is, I would be very grateful!
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Fault codes (P118D) - possible o2 sensor

Post by RUM4MO »

You really do need to get it checked using a scan tool that has extended VW Group cars compatibility, like VCDS etc, that way all possible codes will get revealed and will be given a proper description, just replacing things can get very expensive I'd expect - unless you are very lucky.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Fault codes (P118D) - possible o2 sensor

Post by alexperkins »

I would agree with RUM. You need to scan that with either VCDS or a VW specific scanner

Sounds like a coilpack failure