Central locking problem

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
wleigh123
New
Drives: 1.2e 2006

Central locking problem

Post by wleigh123 »

Hi all,

First post here!

So I'm not an expert by any stretch but I like to be able to do things myself (or at least to try!).

The central locking is misbehaving (and I think it was from when I bought it but can't really remember - certainly soon after).

When I lock the vehicle from the driver's side the boot locks, the driver's door locks but the passenger's doesn't. It has to be manually locked from the inside or with the key from the outside. When unlocking from the the driver's side, it unlocks along with the boot and the driver's door. The locking button on the inside of the driver's door works occasionally on the passenger lock.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. I read a little about it being a pump located near the right rear light but I think that is on older models. Also could it be a microswitch? Seems odd that it is only locking, not unlocking, that is a problem. Also - I haven't checked the fuse for the central locking. Could it be that?

Thanks in advance,

Will
wleigh123
New

Re: Central locking problem

Post by wleigh123 »

Should point out:

2006 1.2e VW Polo.

Cheers
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

From what you have written, I'd think that it is the passenger side front door lock assembly that has a problem, these lock assemblies have a control PCB on them with a few micro switches, so there will always be the possibility of a failing micro switch or cracked solder joint between switch and board, or a wiring issue. The wiring to that door can be checked by examining the state of the wiring coming from the car into the car, ie at the "flex" point under the gaitor/trunking.
wleigh123
New

Post by wleigh123 »

Thanks - that was along the lines I was thinking - so I think first step is to examine wiring and then to clean the microswitches on the lock.

If no joy I guess I might have to buy a new lock...