Front wiper is not working

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Flim
New
Drives: 2007 1.4 tdi

Front wiper is not working

Post by Flim »

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anybody has had this
Problem.

My front wiper isn't responding to the wiper
Stoke at all. I got it checked out at a garage and the mechanic told me the wiper motor and wiring are
Ok. He assumes there's a problem with the wiper control module or central conveniance unit (whatever that means).

Can anyone shed some light on this? Maybe somebody has had this issue in the past. What should I be paying if it is the problem mentioned above?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Front wiper is not working

Post by RUM4MO »

I would think that you would need to check the bonnet switch as I think that if the bonnet is not closed, the wipers will not work.
Flim
New
Drives: 2007 1.4 tdi

Post by Flim »

Thanks, I will take a look into this!
CAMAR
New
Drives: VW POLO 2010

Post by CAMAR »

I have same problum front wiper was not working. Rare wiper and washer was working ok. I changed switch and also motor. And also tried lubracting bonet sensor. No use. Can you suggest what to do next?
CAMAR
New

Post by CAMAR »

I tried all,with my polo 2010. Mechanic charged 275 pounds without any result. At last told to take to vw dealer to daigonise the fault. Changining wiper motor and switch did not helped. This car does not have mirror sensor. I tried lubricating bonet sensor and also tested by shortening the sensor connector and keeping it open.. Iam not sure this car has any wiper relay. Relay no. 377 which is suppose to be wiper relay, is not fitted in this car.
Can any one help?
LeonSymnz
New
Drives: 9n3

Post by LeonSymnz »

Try the fuse?
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

So maybe the initial issue is a failure of the convenience unit, maybe called the CCM as it is it that supplies the switching voltage to the wiper motor - as the mechanic suspected?
CAMAR
New

Post by CAMAR »

In this case I think best way to make it direct annd on 2 speed only insted of going through headache of wiering and bcu problums. Making direct is very easy. That is what i decided to do.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

So have you rewired the front wipers directly to ignition switched power instead of switching being controlled by the CCM and now everything is working okay?
CAMAR
New

Post by CAMAR »

RUM4MO wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:48 am So have you rewired the front wipers directly to ignition switched power instead of switching being controlled by the CCM and now everything is working okay?
yes it will work ok
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

CAMAR wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:50 pm
RUM4MO wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:48 am So have you rewired the front wipers directly to ignition switched power instead of switching being controlled by the CCM and now everything is working okay?
yes it will work ok
I'd think that the low current rating of these wiper switches will not take the current that these wiper use for too long.
CAMAR
New

Post by CAMAR »

IT IS TRUE IF WE GIVE POWER WIPER DIRECTLY FROM WIPER SWITCH. THEN SWITCH WILL NOT LAST FOR LONG DUE TO LOW CURRENT RATING OF THE SWITCH. BEST WAY IS TO TAKE SUPPLY FROM FUSE BOX AND UES JUMPER FOR SAME FUSE OF WIPER FUSE WHICH IS 20A. AND USE 2 WAY SWITCH SAPERATELY TO START THE WIPER.