My Poor Little Polo Vandalised.

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
seanlister1
New
Drives: 9N

My Poor Little Polo Vandalised.

Post by seanlister1 »

Hey guys,

As you can tell by the title my polo, nicknamed Pedro, has been vandalised. Someone had the bright idea to chalk a dick on the bonnet and as expected the chalk has scratched a dick into my bonnet. I spent a good four hours or so with some autoglym paint restorer stuff and it came out but it's starting to become visible again. What are my options?

Thanks in advance
Sean
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Landrover Freelander

Re: My Poor Little Polo Vandalised.

Post by PoloBlueGT »

Why don’t you have it machine polished?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

I agree. give it a good polish and see how much you can get out.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Machine polishing is probably the best option and with an appropriate combination of pads and polish can correct some quite bad defects. Difficult to know if machine polishing would work on your bonnet without seeing a picture of the damage, but I suspect it would.

I removed some quite serious etching of the lacquer on my previous car, after it’d been used for target practice by the local pigeons on a hot sunny day. The pigeon poo baked on really hard and hadn’t been on the car more than 1/2 hour, but when I removed it there was a large dull area where it had etched into the lacquer. 10-15 minutes with my DA (dual action) polisher, and I was able to remove the damage completely.

May be there’s a forum member in your area who’ll read this post who has a machine polisher and would be happy to help you out in exchange for a few beer tokens?