2008 polo 1.2e A/C?

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
jaikay99
New
Drives: 9n3

2008 polo 1.2e A/C?

Post by jaikay99 »

Hi,
i have a 1.2e 57 plate polo 3dr. my problem is the fan/ac in the cabin does nothing to cool the car especially in this hot weather, the heater works good. now im not sure if this car has proper ac as under the bonnet i couldnt see any ac lines (that were clear to me) so was wondering if theres anything i can do as it is so hot inside the car

any help would be much appreciated!
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: 2008 polo 1.2e A/C?

Post by RUM4MO »

If that car was built with AC as a factory fit option, you will have an AC button on the ventilation control panel. So what else could be wrong if your car has or has not AC fitted, well the temperature controlling flap motor might have failed, so try this, demand Hi wait 2 minutes then demand Lo then wait 2 minutes, repeat that a few times in a bid to clean up the temperature flap motor’s positional feedback resistance track - if that was the fault and things have improved then you know what needs replacing, but bear in mind, it might just be that the outside temperature is very high so demanding the coolest possible setting without working AC is not going to do much!
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: 2008 polo 1.2e A/C?

Post by alexperkins »

E models had AC as an option. It needed to be at least S spec for it to be standard fit