Expanding the fusebox inside the cabin

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
dunglass
New
Drives: 6C

Expanding the fusebox inside the cabin

Post by dunglass »

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for adding more fuses to the fusebox in the cabin in the end of the dashboard.

I'm trying to follow a guide I found online but it's for a golf while another is for a polo but it's in German and has non-descriptive pictures:

https://www.my-gti.com/601/addition-of- ... t-fuse-box
http://www.polo9n.info/Wissen/anleitung ... -erweitern

Any advice is appreciated
gerinemo
New
Drives: Polo 9n3

Re: Expanding the fusebox inside the cabin

Post by gerinemo »

The second link in German can easily be translated
just open up google chrome and paste in your link and it will automaticly offer to translate

However all he has done is extended the Big black cable ( Switched Live ) to a free fuse position then the device feed goes on the other side of the fuse
The big Red cable is the permanent Live
You would have to find a free fuse position and the right terminating clips that will fit the fusebox if it does not have them in &
the right gauge wire & fuse for the load of the device or you could have a small fire
dunglass
New
Drives: 6C

Post by dunglass »

Yeah, I managed to do it in the end. You have to remove the control box under the fuse box as well as all the relays in the relay carrier as well as the OBD port. It then takes some effort but you can remove the fuse box and put it the footwell. Then you can take the back of the fuse box off and add any extra fuses.
gerinemo
New
Drives: Polo 9n3

Post by gerinemo »

Glad to hear you got it sorted
Well Done