Polo 9n3 2008 Key Learning

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Lester
Getting There!
Drives: 2008 Polo 9N3 1.4 BUD

Polo 9n3 2008 Key Learning

Post by Lester »

Hi Guys,

Anyone here has an experience programing the immobilizer chip for a 2008 Polo? I am on my last step to duplicating a car key. I already have the physical key cut and my remote programmed. I am trying to program the immobilizer chip.
My ECU is Magnetti Marelli and my dash is VDO.
marellivdo.png
marellivdo.png (7.16 KiB) Viewed 2786 times
I used VAG Commander 3.6 to get the PIN from the dash but 21845 seems wrong. Usually this is just 4 digits and you add 0 in front.
dashpin.png
Key learning seems successful but the immobilizer lamp keeps blinking so this means it failed.
keylearning.png
keylearning.png (9.59 KiB) Viewed 2786 times
The immobilizer chip that I put in the key is an ID48 chip for VW.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... autifyAB=0

I am lost as I don't know if the problem is the VAG Commander software or the immobilizer chip. I'm also not sure if the password I got is correct. :( Any suggestion would be helpful. Thank you.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Polo 9n3 2008 Key Learning

Post by RUM4MO »

I have never ever done this work, but, I thought that you only used VAG Commander to extract the SKC and that "security/log in codes" were something completely different, ie were just generic "access" codes for certain controllers, ie all controllers of a certain function used the same "access" code or log in.

After retrieving/extracting the SKC using the tool you mentioned, I though the next step was to use a toll like VCDS to apply that SKC into the correct controller, again probably needing to use the correct access code to log into that controller to make this change.

I am quite willing to be wrong though, and maybe now VAG Commander allows you to do the actual recoding itself as well as SKC retrieval/extraction.
Lester
Getting There!
Drives: 2008 Polo 9N3 1.4 BUD

Re: Polo 9n3 2008 Key Learning

Post by Lester »

Hi RUM4MO,

After doing some more reading I learned that around 2005, VW introduced a geko system and after that, the SKC can no longer be retrieved. Mine is a 2008 model, so I can not get the correct SKC. I have tried two VAG Commander cables (1.4 and 3.6) but they both failed. The PIN/SKC that you see on the screenshot is probably wrong because the SKC is usually a 4 digit number. My car is also using immo4 which is very difficult to find. I have given up and will leave this to the pros although I have to pay more.

https://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/key- ... k5-mk6-vw/
The SKC is a code to gain access to the immobilizer recode. This is required to program new instrument clusters and keys. The dealer does not have access to give you your SKC and they were never given out on mk5 cars. After 2005, VW started using something called the Geko system. When the dealer has to work with the immobilizer, the SKC goes directly from the Geko system into the scan tool. The tech never sees any code so he can't give you any SKC codes. The SKC is 4 or 7 digits, if your program asks for a 5 digit SKC code, simply input a "0" as the first digit.