Left hand Rattle

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
HonestTony
New
Drives: 1.2 SE 3CYL

Left hand Rattle

Post by HonestTony »

Hi my polo has a rattle on the left hand side front - only over very rough surfaces and faster than about 20mph

I checked the lower arm/ Bearing/antiroll bar and drive shaft and I cant find any play anywhere

I renewed the silent block and lower ball joint anyway today- made no difference.

I am completely stumped by this, it sounds like a metal on metal rattle, like a completely gone silent bush.

in the engine bay I can easily move/rattle the gear selector mechanism and it feels "loose" could it be this that I am hearing? it did have a new clutch in March this year.

the engine mount looks ok top and bottom.

I realy dont know what is causing it and its driving me mad!!!
HonestTony
New
Drives: 1.2 SE 3CYL

Re: Left hand Rattle FIXED

Post by HonestTony »

after the lower ball joint and Silent bush I did the antiroll bar bush this morning - still rattling so this afternoon I did the drop link - and that fixed it.

on the bright side almost everything on the pot hole side of the car is now new!!!! What a faff
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Left hand Rattle

Post by RUM4MO »

Ah,the crappy drop links, some people get hold of Meyle Heavy Duty versions.
bonny
New

Re: Left hand Rattle FIXED

Post by bonny »

HonestTony wrote: on the bright side almost everything on the pot hole side of the car is now new!!!!
Have you done the same on the other side? Always best to renew as pairs when fitting mechanical parts, sods law the other side will start to rattle soon [emoji849]
As for the rattle I was gonna say the coil spring would of been my guess & next to look at [emoji106] glad you got it sorted

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk