Just bought a 1.4 petrol

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
LeonSymnz
New
Drives: 9n3

Just bought a 1.4 petrol

Post by LeonSymnz »

Well, a couple of weeks ago. 91k on the clock

It's all good, needs a service and a couple of other bits.

Fitted a FH-X840DAB. Was looking at an android one but couldn't find any solid reviews so stuck with what I know.

The info across several posts can be contradicting...
Some posts suggest that an ignition live is optional, but it wouldn't work without one for me.
The thing had no life until I fitted one (the whole thing was pretty damn simple to do) and works fine now.
Wondering why there isn't a sticky for this sort of thing? It's easy to say 'use the search feature' but believe me, that's not much help. It's from the 6n forum that I got the real help.
I don't see why some have ripped out their centre console to fit it.

Anyway, next on my list are the blower resistor, pads and discs, and the service. everything else seems in order
bvs
Silver Member
Drives: 02 1.4s 16v

Re: Just bought a 1.4 petrol

Post by bvs »

Hope you enjoy your Polo - they are nice little cars to drive :)
We have an ebay special (£20) Sony Explode in ours which works fine LOL.
I usually stick to the same make of oil filter as different manufacturers seem to use different size 'Hexes' (nuts) for removing/fitting.
bvs
Silver Member
Drives: 02 1.4s 16v

Post by bvs »

Just realised we have a similarish DD Pioneer in our other car (Honda CRV) - FH-X730BT.
Quite a nice unit with decent sound :mrgreen:
LeonSymnz
New
Drives: 9n3

Post by LeonSymnz »

bvs wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:37 am Hope you enjoy your Polo - they are nice little cars to drive :)
We have an ebay special (£20) Sony Explode in ours which works fine LOL.
I usually stick to the same make of oil filter as different manufacturers seem to use different size 'Hexes' (nuts) for removing/fitting.
Aye, it's quite a pleasure. Not too much and not too little power, and rather easy on fuel.
If it does the job, it does the job...Mine says it supports Spotify. I'm unsure of what that means? It has Bluetooth so naturally, it should support anything played over it, no? There's no specific setting I can see for Spotify.
I just grabbed whatever from Euro Car. They had a '50% sale'. By that, I mean the oil was apparently worth £60...I don't think anyone has ever paid retail price at Euro! I just use them as they are local and always have what I need.

bvs wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:40 am Just realised we have a similarish DD Pioneer in our other car (Honda CRV) - FH-X730BT.
Quite a nice unit with decent sound :mrgreen:
I don't know if there is much difference, but it is really good without being too flashy. Has that option however...I'm a bit too old for that s**t however so I have it set to quite dim.
I do like the 'mood lighting' in my girlfriends '15 golf, so may push the boat out to do something like that.