Rear window washer

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
SamRidley
New

Rear window washer

Post by SamRidley »

Hi guys,

So i just got myself a 55 plate facelifted 9n polo (as my first car) and the rear window washer doesn't work. I push the stalk away from me and can hear the pump whirring and no water gets squirted onto the window. I've also checked many forums and following that have checked the jubilee clips which hold the pipe together in the engine bay and above the rear passenger wheel, all is fine there. My issue is the water seems to be filling up the spare tyre area and not dripping out the bottom of the car, I can only assume the issue is a split pipe within the boot lid or something.

I'm really not very mechanically able at all so any help or guidance here would be greatly appreciated.

Liam645
New
Drives: Polo VI

Re: Rear window washer

Post by Liam645 »

It's hard to say without a live inspection, but I can give some tips :) Try calling the hotline at the service center or if it doesn’t help you to go to the repair station.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Liam645 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:05 am It's hard to say without a live inspection, but I can give some tips :) Try calling the hotline at the service center or if it doesn’t help you to go to the repair station.
Ha, not very likely, VW Group dealerships, at least in UK are not charities!

So OP, now you need to open the hatch slightly and see if the fluid is running out the bottom of the hatch, just see if there are any drips etc to confirm that your problem lies within the rear hatch, if it does, remove the complete trim, maybe get hold of a Haynes repair manual to guide you a bit if you are worried, I'd sure it will come in handy solving any other problems you have.

Edit:-that repair manual is available directly from Haynes for £16.99, so don't pay any more for it elsewhere as they are being sold at that reduced price now!

Oh, and welcome to this forum!
LeonSymnz
New
Drives: 9n3

Post by LeonSymnz »

Open the boot and then spray it. If it drips down, two screws in the boot door and yank it off. It's probably a clip that has come off.

It clips back on, as does the boot.