Another Stereo Topic

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Dad of 3
New
Drives: 2007 9N3

Another Stereo Topic

Post by Dad of 3 »

Hi All
I have recently purchased a 2007 1.4tdi for my daughter as her first car. The only thing she is insisting on is that the stereo has an Aux plug or USB.
So i have purchased an RCN210 to replace the RCD200.
The issue i have got is which adapter do i need to buy. Looking around the forum i believe i need a quadlock adapter, but am getting lost with all the different options, what is the CAN connection, do i need it and what does it do? Do i need to take an extra live from the cigar lighter?
Sorry for the questions, but the last time i installed a stereo i was able to simply strip the wires and twist them together. Links to websites would be great.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Si
gerinemo
New
Drives: Polo 9n3

Re: Another Stereo Topic

Post by gerinemo »

All the info you need is in this thread
viewtopic.php?t=71905

As far as I know the can simulator was to address an issue with battery drainage

You need 2 connections from the ciggy lighter
12V for power to the memory to keep tuned stations and phone
approx 8V i think it was for the illumination of the buttons on the radio when the vehicle lights are turned on

Both supplies can be found at the ciggy lighter
LeonSymnz
New
Drives: 9n3

Post by LeonSymnz »

gerinemo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:54 am All the info you need is in this thread
viewtopic.php?t=71905

As far as I know the can simulator was to address an issue with battery drainage

You need 2 connections from the ciggy lighter
12V for power to the memory to keep tuned stations and phone
approx 8V i think it was for the illumination of the buttons on the radio when the vehicle lights are turned on

Both supplies can be found at the ciggy lighter
When I fit mine, I only used an ignition live from the fuse box and the canbus adapter from the old wiring. Not had any issues.
Unless I'm misunderstanding.

***to clarify, I meant to fit my stereo, not to fit a 210. I have a Pioneer. Sorry for the confusion
Last edited by LeonSymnz on Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dad of 3
New

Post by Dad of 3 »

Hi

Thanks for help so far.
Radio is up and running and BT works correctly for both calls and audio. However I got what i think is a CANbus emulator with the unit and am currently using it. The only issue i have now is the illumination. I have got the light connection at the ciggy lighter, but where does it connect to in the radio harness. I have tried tracing with a meter, but have not had any success.

Thanks
Simon
LeonSymnz
New
Drives: 9n3

Post by LeonSymnz »

Orel - got your PM but can't reply.

I don't have the RCN200, I have a pioneer. Sorry, it was unclear in my original comment.
gerinemo
New
Drives: Polo 9n3

Post by gerinemo »

Found this pic of the ISO plug from when I was changing the stereo the orange was the illumination
Attachments
polo iso plug.JPG
Dad of 3
New

Post by Dad of 3 »

Thanks for the reply. eventually found time to get back on to this. However mine doesnt have any orange wires.